1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

triangles question

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by axel, Jun 26, 2022.

1. axel

axel Governor

Just a question if I have more than 4000 triangles should I put the mod to t3? is 4000 max in t2? like now its h_low_dhblok_t2 must i change it to h_low_dhblok_t3 ? and is this all you need to do? because the mod is not outside 40 x 40 carpet

2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello Axel,:)

As you probably know, the amount of triangle, allows to find a balance between the quality and the performance of the rendering engine in game.
    You have no obligation to switch your building to "T3".
    In fact, the size T3 is reserved for the base of 60x60 and above all it requires having a certain number of citizens living in this building.
    Nevertheless, it is true that it is recommended for a base of 40x40 to respect the limit of 4000 Triangles.
    Exceptionally your building can have more than 4000 triangles.
    It's not going to be a major problem.
    I hope I have answered your question as well as possible.
    Have a good day

axel likes this.
  3. axel

axel Governor

Hi Drazicdesign,
    Thank you for your answer it certainly helps me, I try to stay around 4000 triangles but I was wondering if there was indeed a max. I do understand that it depends on what system people play the game with and that not everyone has a heavy system. I am certainly happy with your explanation thank you my friend (y)

Drazicdesign likes this.
  4. axel

axel Governor

Hi Drazicdesign,
    Is there a limit or rule about how many triangles are allowed in a 45 degree building?
    because with a 45 degree building I get a lot more triangles than if I just make a corner building, is that correct? I wish there was a tutorial of making 45 degrees buildings lol

5. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hi Axel,

To my knowledge there is no rule or tutorial for a 45° building.
    However, it seems to me that it is not abnormal to have a high number of triangles, given the size of the base, which takes up more space on the ground!

All my buildings at 45° also have a lot more triangle than the other buildings.

For comparison look at the buildings at 45° from my Florence city building pack,
    Residential - Package village of Florence - XXL -XL

LOD1 = 1590 Polygones
    [​IMG]

It's up to you to find the right proportion of triangle quantity in relation to the footprint that your future building will occupy on the ground.

I wish you good luck with your buildings at 45°.

6. axel

axel Governor

Hi Drazicdesign, thank you for your response, I have a few more questions sorry about that; if you start with a 45° building do you start making shapes and line or geometry and then box and turn the box into a 45° model how do you start with this I'm used to creating a building from box.
    I have now started with shapes and line and then extrude but I notice that the lines do not follow each other 100%
    and how do you make the base? normally i make the base with plane