1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

What Have/will People Migrate.

Discussion in 'Website Information and News' started by The Funky Monk, Aug 25, 2014.

1. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Just a place to see what people have/will upload from the old site so we don't get duplicates.

I'm doing pages 74-64 from the XLEX. So far have done 3 pages.

When I'm finished with that I will upload some of my maps and my CJ.

I will be also be reworking my tutorials eventually.

2. veija2

veija2 Mayor

I'll do 44-63. Not sure what you have in mind for coordinating the XLEX with the index to avoid duplication.

3. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I think everyone moving stuff needs to start checking to make sure :) I have been moving backwards from page 85, I think I am up to page 77 now

4. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Also some one that knows about ther XLEX needs to handle that migration, I noticed some versions linked are older than versions mentioned in dicussion topics. God I hope that makes sense

5. veija2

veija2 Mayor

I will go through and see which of the mods on pgs 44-63 have already been migrated - the first one I check was Nicko's and he's done it already. Also, I won't migrate any that are locked. You're both right; it will be very helpful if people check this thread.

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I sent you a PM about the links you have posted. The files need to be uploaded here in the new resource.

7. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

I have my grated all my mods and tutorials. So no-one needs to bother with anything authored by me.

8. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Have done pages 59 - 63 except for active xl nation members and mods with multiple patches, since I am don't have a zip program. Had a brief window today in which I could get onto and download from the old site. Will continue later or tomorrow as able.

9. veija2

veija2 Mayor

? is the mod to increase plaza size incorporated somewhere else? Does this need to be migrated?

10. city fiend

city fiend Elite

My city journals are uploaded already, and I have obviously already re-registered on this site so I'm okay. I left my CJ on old site just as back-up as I've heard someone has lost theirs on here.

11. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

I have migrated all the pages 8-12 of tutorials (except Monty´s, nicko´s and Alex´s) few days ago ;)

12. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

We need a bit more volunteers, so I'll join and do pages 43-22 with the help of the archives. :)

A tip: Use this URL to help you: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xlnation.net/xlex?page=42
    Just edit the page number to the page you want to access. Unfortunately some pages weren't cached, especially those older ones.
    I can do nothing about those problems. :unsure:

EDIT: In the URL just subtract 1 from the page you want to access so that it is really accurate.
    Also if you want to access a completely different page just copy the link address and paste it after 'cache:'.

13. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I have been moving backwards from oldest to newest and now at page 71. I am skipping mods by nick and The Funky Monk so far

14. veija2

veija2 Mayor

So let me not mess things up here - should I continue from page 59 towards the newer mods? Can't really get back to it till Tuesday USA, holiday plans (48 hrs).

15. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Its all good, you may want to start checking the website here before you add a mod. I already duplicated one by mistake. I can safely assume none of the ones you are migrating belong to you? I am gonna assign them XL Nation Staff owner until the real owner gets here

16. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Thx.

17. veija2

veija2 Mayor

I cannot access pages 14 - 70 of the main XLEX index or pages 9-27 of the mod index. I also can't download from the archived files I can access. guess I'm leaving it up to you-oo-oo, IcyHot.:whistle:

18. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

You can't? I have no problems on pages 42-23. Well for the files you ask Icy for those or other people.

19. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

There is an sFTP server up now with all the patches from the old XLNation, the idea is that you download what you will do, delete it from the sFTP server so no one else grabs it. Don't worry about deleting, I have 3 back up copies. The stuff on the sFTP server are working copies. Alex24 is in charge of passing out the information to login into the sFTP server.

20. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

Modders: please contact me via pm if you want to have the information to login ;)

Some I will contact