1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Why do buildings and pieces rotate themselves?

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Lily, May 23, 2015.

1. Lily

Lily Vagabond

I love this game. I love all the potential its has, but.. everytime I decide to build my dream city, piece by piece, I get fed up after 30 mins. Putting a building the way I want it, is almost impossible. Bringing a building or a piece close to a road immediately rotates it to some random direction. At many times buildings just won't line up, like "It's either 10 metres that way or 10 metres that way, but no way you're putting that building right here!"
    How to make the game know that I am the boss and I'm allowed put the pieces where the hell I want them?
    I wouldn't want to go with full on no-collision either, some snapping-in-place is obviously useful.

Cheers,

Lily

2. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

hahe - yeah most buildings by default will have a plug that will snap to front. front of building will snap to the road as its needs to connect to a road/pathway to get workers, if you don't connect to a road/pathway correctly your building will have no workers or citizens access and will die.

3. Lily

Lily Vagabond

Yeah I realize the importance of road access, but often this rotating happens even if I am trying to place a building a street corner, facing the way I want. Like I said, I should be allowed to place buildings freely and maybe worry about the roads later.
    I was hoping someone would tell me there's a text file somewhere, where I could change something like AutoRotate = 1 to zero.

4. Monty

Monty Governor

Maybe this mod could help http://xlnation.city/resources/flexible-placement-mod.459/

Not sure if it works on XXL.

About the rotation problem, it's because the building has a plug and it will always snap to the road. You can try to trick it by placing a road where you want the building's front and delete it after the building was placed. I don't know if there's a "master" xlm file that sets the auto rotation off, but each class file has the "snap to road on/off" option. But you would have to unpack the game and change it for every building.

5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

or if you just want to rotate any building whilst placing not near a road just hold down your Shift key and move your mouse left right?

that should rotate the building to increments? did it work for you?

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Im using the flexible placement on XXL and have had no issues. Makes it easier to put stuff where you want and not have to let the game decide for you.