1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Will pay money or donate to site for MODS!!!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by brendonwright1989, Feb 27, 2018.

1. brendonwright1989

Hey all!

Long time player - love the game - useless at modding!!! However there are so many things still lacking in the game and with the very few mods now coming up on here, I guess it's time to see if anyone is interested in making some extra money for mods or if they prefer, I will donate more to the site.

Obviously all mods will benefit everyone, but this could be a little help out as Iam very prepared to do this considering there are things still missing and I think time could be running out with the little activity happening in the last 6-12 months.

Anyone willing to do so! Obviously you would already be modding and they look good.

HELP US OUT :)

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Think what it mostly boils down to is time. I slowed down due to other stuff I was doing.

Playing XXL recently has got me thinking of stuff to make though. Currently trying to build fillers for the Small Park mod. I'm just having issues with the detail and diffuse matching the grass texture of the mod.

We can't charge for mods but could offer incentives for modder's to make stuff. Things like free advertising for their personal websites or work websites.
    I had planned to have an advert system running and also a credit system. Modder's adding mods to the resource area could receive credits to be used for paying for ad's or site features. As XLN has been quiet I have not looked at going further with the idea.

I would not want to see like what happens with GTA5-mods where some modders only release a few public mods and the rest only are available through the patreon system

3. brendonwright1989

Hey yeah it has been a little quiet, the game changes like new housing/apartment and shops mods are so far and few between, so this way I was thinking could be an incentive or something - it's hard, I wish I had somebody near where I live to either show me physically what to do and I will spend the time, as I have tried countless times to get the programs and it's just too difficult for me to grasp the tutorials.

We definitely want people to keep it alive - and maybe website donations are a great idea to keep it all going - time yes is an issue, and it seems the historical modders have not done too much or don't play the game? Unsure.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have the older 3dsmax 2012 but never have had the patience to go through tutorials to make anything. My meds have mucked my attention span for the last 10 years so learning new things can be a tough task.
    I use to draw and paint but have not done anything for years. Think my eyesight is to blame for that.
    It's taken two days to make the filler mod but it's now done. Will post it soon.

brendonwright1989 likes this.