1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xxl Community Mod V2.0

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Thrangar, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

I tried to use this mod but it crashed my game and now I have to delete and reload game...sloooooowwwww!

Anyway I unsubscribed to the community mod on steam and copied this mod to my paks/mod folder in xxl but it didn't work
    I noticed it was just a patch file, all the other UIM for platinum were always executibles did I miss some instruction some where?

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

got a log of your crash?
    correct, cm is a patch file and correct to get it here and unsubscribe on steam

3. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

well it wasn't a crash persay but the game simply would not load it worked fine yesterday with all steam mods so, I assumed since the only thing I did was switch UIM mods that was the prob.

Since it deleted game and reinstalled would I still have access to alog file...never looked at those before?

4. Le Cat

Le Cat Guest

Just to be sure:
    CM hasn't been updated on Steam yet. So, when you say that it is CM v2.0 which is faulty, did you think of removing the old version from your mods folder?

5. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

I believe I did , what I did was unsubscribe to steam community mod and then came here and got v2 patch and put in paks folder

6. Le Cat

Le Cat Guest

Before deleting the game like you did, make sure that you don't have old versions of a mod.
    Since there isn't that much mods yet, anyway, it is quite easy. ;)

7. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I am starting to wonder if Steam actually removes a mod when you unsubscribe, that could be part of the problem

8. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

I have made the same assumption and will proceed accordingly

Also anyone who reinstalls make sure your unscribe mods before reinstalling game

There are two things I wish I never had to deal with from this release
    1)the steam forums
    2) steam workshop for this xxl release

9. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it's safe to say that the mod exchange here has stricter quality control and is a bit easier to work with in terms of any potential issues. I would keep to the XLEX if at all possible.

10. veija2

veija2 Mayor

@IcyHot @snick @Le Cat @Thrangar

This works.

In WIN7, if you remove mods you've installed outside of steam, be sure to delete them from the paks folder AND empty them from the recycle bin.

I would still be sure to set steam properties to NOT synchronize (box is unchecked) if using cxl mods not loaded from steam.

upload_2015-2-12_20-46-52-png.12702.png

Thrangar likes this.
  11. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

yup that works, great tip!

12. Eastley

Eastley Skilled Worker

Mine is greyed out ??

13. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Reboot your computer and try it again. Something steam related may be open.

14. psob2

psob2 Vagabond

Eastley it may be grayed out for you because don't have steam synchronization enabled in steam settings cloud. in cxxl properties updates mine is greyed out also, but I think that's cause I do not have steam synchronization enabled in main steam settings. if so, then you are already doing what veija2 recommends, just a different way. if you do not have steam synchronization enabled in main steam settings, then none of your steam games should be able to sync