1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xxl Mods Compatibility List 2015-02-07

Cities XXL

1. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

ode1299 submitted a new resource:

XXL Mods Compatibility list - Cities XXL

Read more about this resource...

2. Monty

Monty Governor

XLN_Altiris&Monty_Shader_Pack_v2.0.patch

Is not compatible, it can cause problems. The shaders for CXXL are included in the Community Patch.

clerks37 likes this.
  3. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

I omitted the shader pack 2.0.

4. retrotrut

retrotrut Vagabond

Elmo's plopbable sandbox works perfectly, along with the money bank. However the Superbank thing doesn't work, it causes the game to crash.

5. ronrn

ronrn Governor

01.11.2014 00:07 10.747.283 XLN_PJC_15M Plain Wall Esplanade Road V1.0.patch
    01.11.2014 16:41 22.878.277 XLN_PJC_15M Rounded Concrete Wall Esplanade Road V1.0.patch
    02.11.2014 20:14 9.498.006 XLN_PJC_15M Esplanade Road + Marina option V1.0.patch
    02.11.2014 20:13 10.705.133 XLN_PJC_15M_Old Harbour Esplanade Road V1.0.patch

Do these need the "tags'' file changed also?

6. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

They worked without editing tags file.

7. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

8. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Ped paths crash the game. You'll notice there is not icon for them yet in the new community mod - so it makes sense.

9. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

OK I overlooked the icon thing as it didn't cause a crash. I've deleted it from the list.

10. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

the Japanese Roads work perfect

11. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

12. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

13. Chencho

Chencho Unskilled Worker

i think is easier a lsit wit not compatibles jhahaha

Mr.X² likes this.
  14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

The DsR_mod_kamera_patch works OK. Not sure if it's even in the resource area.
    XLN_nicko_wheatFarm2New_v1.2 seems to work OK.

15. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

The london pack won't work and also the shopoingcenter beta

16. retrotrut

retrotrut Vagabond

Can someone please test the Super Towers patch file? because, I tried testing the Super Towers Patch file, but I'm not sure, I think it doesn't work, but I need a second opinion. I tested the following:

XLN_Axel_highclass01building.patch - works

XLN_Axel_highclass02townhous.patch -works

XLN_Axel_kaapseveer01.patch -works

XLN_Axel_portiek01.patch -doesn't work

XLN_Axel_redlightdistrict.patch -doesn't work

XLN_Axel_roadshop01_v3.patch -doesn't work

XLN_Axel_roadshop02_v3.patch -doesn't work

XLN_Axel_rowhouses01.patch -doesn't work

XLN_Axel_UKcouncilhouses01.patch -doesn't work

17. retrotrut

retrotrut Vagabond

I also tested the following:
    KH_Bahrain_WTC_V1.0.patch - works
    XLN_nicko_construction_plaza_v1.0.patch -works
    Timofp Advertisement Pack v1.0.patch- doesn't work
    aurora.patch - works

Oh and I also tested some maps, the pure flat lands (without canals) and the dubai maps and abu dhabi maps are all working perfectly

18. zanzy0731

zanzy0731 Skilled Worker

with this mod uploaded to the version 1.3 "Lexs_Total_Greenery_Mod_V1.3.patch" the game crash :-(

19. dlinkster

dlinkster Vagabond

I did a bunch of testing yesterday and quite a number of the 2012/Platinum mods require specific tags from the UIM -- e.g., the Road Addon Mod (RAM). The game requires quite a number of tags from 2012/Platinum to get most of anything to work. I created a tags.cfg file that allows most mods to work.

I have attached my version of the tags.cfg file, which does indeed allow me to use all the previous bridges, including PJC's. In fact, I used his tags.cfg to begin. XXL uses MANY custom tags for the year (period), place (geographic origin), game edition (edition), etc. Anyway, the tags appear to have to be encapsulated in the <FilterTag> set and then further broken down. It took me about 5 hours to gather all this nonsense and thanks to Procmon, I was able to at least start troubleshooting why placing some of the oldest UIM-dependent mods would cause the game to crash on launch. Obviously, I could be overriding the tags that Altiris worked so hard on providing in the XXL Community Mod, but I certainly hope not -- I have the XXL Community Mod as well. It is my hope that someone who has a much better understanding of how this wacky game works would take my tags.cfg file and do something better with it.

RHM2 still does not work, but the RAM does work. At least RHM2 loads now without the game crashing on startup. However, attempting to even draw a RHM2 puzzle piece and the game instantly crashes due to missing design/layout files. In any case, the RHM2 interchange puzzle pieces do not appear anyway because there is no button to click to make them appear, which was provided by the previous UIM.

I have experienced random weird things that cause the game to crash, such as having ZZZZ_Brighter_Houses_Toned_Down_0.patch in the Paks folder. The game will load all the way to a city with this particular mod and then instantly crash with some weird LUA error in the log file.

Attached Files:

kipate likes this.
  20. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have it working but I had to change the tags so it showed in the menu. I ended up making a cut down version of it (I used just the trees) though as there is to many items in it to display in the new menu.

Puss in boots likes this.