1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

XXL NEXL Trams 2.5

Tram System

1. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Altiris submitted a new resource:

XXL NEXL Trams - Tram System

Read more about this resource...

OmniusPrime and Drazicdesign like this.
  2. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Quite proud to announce I finally got the Trams working for XXL.. :D

Please test as there still might be some bugs\issues, I'll do what I can to fix stuff.

They should appear and work exactly as they did in XL but are no longer a Private Company and do not require electricity resource.

OmniusPrime and Drazicdesign like this.
  3. kipate

kipate Governor

Yeah, that makes perfect sense :p

Drazicdesign likes this.
  4. M.K.

M.K. Unskilled Worker

Hello Altiris. I'm so glad you picked up this awesome tram for XXL. Unfortunately the game crashes whenever I choose one of tram/road and add it to the city. It doesn’t matter if I'm on a change of existing roads and rails or if I just create new roads with your rail included. It' would be great if you can find a fix for this. Thanks a million in advance.

Yamato Jason likes this.
  5. M.K.

M.K. Unskilled Worker

Hallo Altritis. Problem solved and I'm happy. Have seen the recent Community Mod 2.08 is out, after I have replaced it. Now the tram is running in my city. Thanks again for your nice work.

6. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Altiris,
    Awesome work getting the XL trams mod to work with XXL! I did notice that tram lines tried to run along Expressways rather than along converted avenues too easily. How many stops can we have along a single line? I got up to 67 in my test, very impressive. (y) I loved the extra screens as well. I sure wish we could get the awesome Civic Services, Crime and Leisure and Enhanced Medical mods working with those extra screens to show buildings we're missing as well as bonuses not getting calculated in XXL like they probably do in XL.

7. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I found it easy to figure out how to build tram lines. Funny that I stopped playing with Skylines when they brought out their trams add-on version. Glad as now they're getting childish with natural disasters. On the negative side trams do create road traffic. One reason I use the metro system exclusively. However because they use tram stops along the roads like buses do they are more flexible. Plus no need to tear up an existing road network as it's easy to convert small and large avenues plus streets to tram lines. You don't lose any traffic lanes, you just have new tram traffic.

There are 4 and 8 line tram stations that originate trams. You create a line with one of these stations and then run stops along converted avenues and streets until you reach an endpoint to end the line at another station. I got up to 67 stops before ending my initial test. I'll have to spend some time looking at my existing Square Klick Parquet Floor Dos Equis (Double X) road layout and how I can incorporate a tram line into my existing traffic system.

The 4-line tram stations are medium-sized 40m x 40m buildings while the 8-line stations are large-sized 60m x 60m ones. The smaller ones employ unskilled and skilled employees while the larger ones employ those plus executives. So this could be better than metro systems which employ only skilled labor plus only connect at stations. You can have less stations which would save cost as well as employees. Plus running tram lines is easier than running metro lines with their tunnel tubes.

You place tram stops along tram roads at the end of blocks. You can't place trams along Expressways, just like buses. That's a good thing as you don't want that extra traffic along them. There is a tram line only "road" so you could sandwich that between two one-way roads and not clutter them up with trams. I haven't tested yet whether dedicated tram lines run both ways or are one-way only lines requiring two of them to have a complete back and forth system.

I also think that trams may be a better fit for smaller growing cities in the expansion phase. It looks easier to expand a tram line than a metro line which requires deleting every station to get rid of the metro tunnel tubes for any particular line. It's just more of a challenge remembering how you lay out your stops along each line you replace but if you figure out a good system it should be easier.

I didn't get any usage in my test but I still have to figure out how to run lines and place stations so that I attract riders. I'm sure that once I figure out the keys to attracting riders with proper layout I'll be able to better evaluate trams versus metros. With the way traffic is done in Skylines trams would just be short for traffic jams! In XXL I think it won't be as much of a problem. It all depends on how many cars they take off the road compared to how many trams are running around.

I'll do a video test soon as I build my Flachlandstadt city. I sure wish this had come out a month earlier, before I got started. However better late than never! (y)

8. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

9. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Skilled Worker

I need help! Every time I click any Tram (e.g. Tram Terminal, the upgrade on the roads to turn them into a tram way), the game crashes...
    I use XXL, so what should I do to make it work?

10. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Make sure you have the latest CM. Dependency - Cities XXL Community Mod

If you have it on STEAM, I advise you to unsubscribe from it asap and only install the official one from here.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  11. Shinga Kurukato

Yes, I have it installed, and I'm not playing on Steam...
    I re-downloaded this mod to check if it'll work, but it's still the same

12. kd_ncali4nia

kd_ncali4nia Vagabond

Hello,
    Just tried to install NEXL in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities XXL\Paks. This caused my Cities XXL game to crash several times. I also installed the community mod. All of my other mods work. I finally had to delete it. I was looking forward to using this mod Where did I go wrong?

13. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Are you sure not to subscribe to the mods on STEAM
    [​IMG]

14. Shinga Kurukato

Well, I do have steam here, but this is a stand-alone version...I didn't bought the installer on Steam

15. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Drazicdesign,
    I'm not sure Shinga Kurukato's problem is Steam. I have Steam and it's linked and I was able to build tram lines as well as run trams in my XXL version. I also have Steam mods and found no problem with the Tram mod. I downloaded the CM from here though. I bet Shinga's problem lies elsewhere.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  16. Altiris

Altiris Governor

OmniusPrime likes this.
  17. Shinga Kurukato

is it this?
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

or this?

I found another

18. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Hmm, not much useful in there.. first thing I would try is deleting this file "live/data/config/prototypesdb.bin", located in Appdata of your user profile.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  19. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Altiris,
    I'm having a usage problem with tram lines. I just built two significant tram lines in my city of 2.3 million and have zero usage. Each line has 50-51 stops and starts and ends at the same station. I'm hoping that riders would go to the station to hop onto a second tram to their destination. Pretty much the way my metro system works and it works well. I've filled the top half of an entire city map and have both lines covering half of what I built. I've got to build two more lines to cover the whole built portion.

I'm a little concerned that after running the clock quite a lot I got absolutely no usage, just sitting at zero. I should see some as I've got tram stops in places not served by the metro system. When I built a test monorail system I had no trouble getting a little usage. My metro does well. Still perplexing that I've seen no usage.

I don't use buses as I just didn't like how they work and they have too few stops per line. So I'm guessing at how the bus system works best. Since it looks like the trams work on the same basic basis as buses I'm wondering if I'm doing something very wrong in my
    layout concept.

I hope I can get some help soon as I want to make a video of the tram mod and I don't want to show a failure. I hope that others who've built tram lines can help figure this problem out or if it's actually a mod bug. Thanks so much for brining this XL mod to us in XXL, I'm looking forward to seeing it work for me.

20. kipate

kipate Governor

@OmniusPrime, what do you guess happens when you have two competing transportation systems running through your city with one of them relying on the street traffic flow?