1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Transportation XXL....RHM / Modular Airport / Trams

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by ronrn, Jun 10, 2015.

1. ronrn

ronrn Governor

XXL....RHM / Modular Airport / Trams

imo... THE most important mods for building realistic cities!

I find myself repeatedly starting new cities in XXL and then losing interest, simply because these mods are not up to par or don't exist yet.:(

XXL's realism will never be compatable with XL (esp with CJ's & Competions) until these 3 mods are working at 100%.

Please, please, please....(to infinity and beyond).

jg24sp34r likes this.
  2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

rhm has been made compatible ;)
    i guess the other two never will be... one of the reasons why i stick to 2012 :p

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Though RHM has been made compatible, there a functions that do not work correctly or do not work at all, such as ugly gaps at bridge/road connections, no tunnels, occasional crashing, and the list goes on.
    The same goes for the Modular Airport mod.

Sadly, in an effort to move forward by using the newest version of a technology, one finds himself falling behind instead.

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah unfortunately xxl did not bring what i was hoping for... instead they made some mods very difficult to optimize for
    i also tried to fix rhm issues for xxl by investing many hours of work and testing but i couldnt manage to make it work properly.. and the original creator left.. i still guess thats a map related issue

5. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Thanks for your efforts(y)

I know 3d modeling and very little about mods, but I imagine starting from scratch on these mods would be quite a task.

6. 12sergius12

12sergius12 Vagabond

not someone who will not do anything .. people who make fashion scored on the road in the game

7. veija2

veija2 Mayor

I'm having a bout of nostalgia today, I guess. Still miss the modular airport in XXL. And uokiok's sea walls.

8. ronrn

ronrn Governor

9. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Thanks, ronrn. Yes, I'm aware of them. As you said yourself a year ago about the MAP - "very tempting, but not quite ready yet." these did not work well for me in XXL. The others have never been something I used.

10. ronrn

ronrn Governor

:)
    I must admit that I've made a few minor alterations to some of these mod's files to get them to work (sort of) the way I like them to.