1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL XXL stuttering when using ANY mod

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by gbojanic, Apr 26, 2015.

1. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

When I place ANY modded building the game starts stuttering and has crashed multiple times with the same stuff in the crash log:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

When I place any in-game buildings it's all good, the game runs smooth. As soon as I add any modded stuff the stuttering starts and gets worse with time. If I remove (bulldoze) the modded buildings the game instantly starts running smooth again...

I tried removing all mods except the CM and a random building mod but the same thing happens. Tried re-downloading CM, still the same. Tried re-installing the game, updating graphics drivers, windows update, deleting shadrecache... you name it.

If I can't resolve this issue I probably will not play this game anymore and playing 2012 or Platinum is something I want to avoid because of the laaaaaaaag.

So anyone has any idea what is causing this or is anyone having similar issues??

2. Monty

Monty Governor

You could try making a patch with a copy of the default shader but renamed to #.fx That may prevent the crashes, but I don't know about the stuttering. It's possible that even some objects in the game have shader problems and the game tries to switch to default and crashes.

3. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

4. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Thanks guys! (y)

I'll try it out tonight. I really hope it fixes the issue, including the stuttering...

5. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

No luck :cry::(
    Here is the latest log:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

I noticed that when I place modded buildings (with custom shaders) and zoom out until the LOD4 loads the stuttering stops. So it must be something with the custom shaders because LOD4 uses the the default building shader....
    So if it's a broken shader how do I fix it??
    I browsed through the similar topics here but couldn't find any solutions (and no one mentioned they have the stuttering problem...)

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

The only time XXL has and out crashed for me when zooming in and out was when I tried an old XL mod that is not compatible with XXL. The error in the log was different though.

7. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I have the same problem!
    I hope that you will find a solution!