1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Your City Timelapse Videos Here

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by msFiorentina, Sep 2, 2014.

1. msFiorentina

msFiorentina Executive

To see your skyline of your city with a fly over instead of just showing a still photo.
    Or maybe when you walk with your avatar.
    Clicking a car is the easiest way. It can be difficult since traffic must be set at 100% to really be of use but get them videocards running boys!

Timelapse videos can be made with windows movie maker and put online on youtube.

I have made a UDI timelapse video of my unfinished city. I was so used to the low resolution because I am building, that I made the timelapsevideo in low resolution too. I used 1013 photos for this 2:06 video.
    Enjoy the streets in the unfinished city of "Laires Metropole" with already 4 million inhabitants

Laires Metropole

kipate likes this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

I appreciate your effort. This kind of video allows to cut off some of the
    ugly parts a common video would have, like the grass when entering a tunnel,
    and so on.
    Your city itself somehow has many repetitions. Too many, in my opinion,
    but maybe others have different views...

prismaticmarcus likes this.
  3. msFiorentina

msFiorentina Executive

Thats all I wanted, an appreciation of my effort. Thank you!
    Where is your timelapse video? Please post it, thank you!

4. LEXTACY

LEXTACY Executive

well since the new site lost my Journal ( i think) I will make my submission here to get the ball rolling.

Here is the city of Brennington. It starts off in the outter sub's with the custom made masonry city sign. Then we travel the entire freeway network.

PART 1

PART 2

royb 98 and msFiorentina like this.
  5. msFiorentina

msFiorentina Executive

Woooow!, I really love your city and the video gives me a feeling how it would be if I was living/walking/driving there. GTA-series eat your heart out!
    Really really good video, I really love the strip from 7:18 with all those fastfood joints! Beautiful highwaysigns and very complete. I thought 10 minutes would be long but I kept on watching until you came home!

6. Miguel

Miguel Governor

msFiorentina and kipate like this.
  7. msFiorentina

msFiorentina Executive

A better timelapse of my city:
    Laires Metropole, still not finished but already a year in construction.
    A screenshot of my city
    gamescreen3731.jpg

Timelapse II:

kipate likes this.
  8. MrPeperonny

MrPeperonny Skilled Worker

I also wanted to give it a try. Here's my time lapse video of Tremonty. :-D

Drazicdesign, msFiorentina and kipate like this.
  9. msFiorentina

msFiorentina Executive

Very nice, I have a good 'feeling' of your city now.

MrPeperonny likes this.
  10. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello Everyone, :)

I present the city of KENT, located north-east of the united states of america, between New York and the city of Montreal at canda, It has a little more than 1.270.000 souls, Originally derives its name from one of the English Colonnais tribes, the Cantiaci. A major historical, cultural and artistic center in the United States, Kent is also a major industrial city, with the location of its port on the Utave River flowing into the Atlantic Ocean.

Founded in 1568, it was the eighteenth century the most populous city of the thirteen colonies before becoming for a time the capital of the United States and fuel for a few decades the financial and political rivalry between New York and Kent, before to be overshadowed by his rival and then lose his status as capital to Washington.

Kent is now the largest metropolis in the state of Pennsylvania, whose capital is Harrisburg, but also the county seat of Kent.

Also, Kent International Airport, is the largest airport in the state of Pennsylvania and in the Utave Valley, lies about 9 kilometers southwest of downtown KENT. In 2014, KENT International Airport served 15.6 million passengers. The airport has three terminals and two runways. In total, about 15 airlines operate flights between Kent and 110 destinations. This includes 30 international destinations in North America, the Caribbean, Central America, Europe and the Middle East. There are several means of public transportation in KENT including the KMT Monorail line that connects the airport with downtown Kent, as well as several KMT bus lines.

kipate likes this.