1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Trolca

Trolca Executive

Now when I open xlnation.city, a left side panel called Roll Around opens. As I try to navigate other web sites and popups open as well. This is happening with both Internet Explorer and Chrome.

I don't know if any of this is coming from XL Nation or something else is the cause.

2. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

This is coming from maliciuos adware you got accidentaly when installing some software. If same happens in other websites, then it has nothing to do with XLN

3. Trolca

Trolca Executive

I have no idea what I did to trigger this. It only shows up with on this web site using either IE or Chrome.

UPDATE
    I found the cause. An application called Roll Around was installed when I installed some free software. Talk about a real pain.

4. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Freeware is a pain like that. They are shifty as when you go through the installation you can't just click the next button until you get to install. There would have been a window where it asks if you want to install something that has nothing to do with the actual program.

5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

veija2 likes this.
  6. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

When you download something from the web I suggest to check it with virustotal (average 50 antivirus in one click)

https://www.virustotal.com/

It saved me several times.

veija2 likes this.
  7. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I virus check the website quite often, in a year not one virus or malware

8. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Trust doesn't keep from control. I checked every mod I downloaded and I never had a bad surprise.

9. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I totally agree everyone should be careful downloading content and check for viruses

Lokentaz likes this.