1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Bay Of Islands City Building Competition 2018

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Mr.X², Feb 24, 2018.

1. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

Sure, i only use it when i have to build roads or blocks but would be nice if someone could fix the conflict

2. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

I had some time at the weekend and focused on the industrial harbour of my Bulgarian city, Albenovo. Still in progress, but here you go :angel:

cxl_screenshot_albenovo_5 (2).jpg

Kimopolis, Thrangar, Clemech4 and 5 others like this.
  3. kipate

kipate Governor

Wow, that's quite realistic, good work (y) Also, I like how patient you have been with placing the harbour pieces :)

Here's some work in progress custom-made underground station:
    TeaserC001.jpg

Kimopolis, XOUSTE, Clemech4 and 6 others like this.
  4. nicknick

nicknick Governor

wooooow

5. mercato

mercato Unskilled Worker

is it a MOD?

6. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

I am being patient and you are being insane to move the game under the ground :sneaky: Joke aside, amazing work! (y)

kipate likes this.
  7. kipate

kipate Governor

It is a combination of different mods:
    The NEXL trams for XXL, as well as several ploppable mods (slabs e.g. by Clemech4 or Lextacy). I am currently trying to create a pedestrian tunnel that will ultimately lead to this station, but I need to work out a solution...

@BahadirB, thank you, but right now, it is only one station. I still need to add three more underground stations and the connecting custom-made tunnels...

BahadirB likes this.
  8. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

A promise is a promise, this is what i worked on so far... Hope you like it!

cxl_screenshot_newport_0.jpg cxl_screenshot_newport_1.jpg cxl_screenshot_newport_2.jpg cxl_screenshot_newport_3.jpg cxl_screenshot_newport_4.jpg

Kimopolis, XOUSTE, skullz613 and 9 others like this.
  9. Ammar Shaker

Ammar Shaker Elite

Perfect timing, i'm in :cool:

Jotaere likes this.
  10. East Pavilion-er

East Pavilion-er Executive

Everyone is building better-looking harbors than mine. I hope my city can be the most realistic, otherwise I won't get a medal at all:cry:

11. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey, don't be desperate about getting a medal. If it doesn't work, it's still okay. No one will look down on you, and actually, participating on a challenge will increase your popularity amongst other members as well as it will boost your city building techniques.
    Also, your harbour looks quite good, and your industrial estates do look good, too :)
    So, just be patient and stay focused on the things you know you can do best ;)

BahadirB and Jotaere like this.
  12. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

and you have nice highway

Jotaere and kipate like this.
  13. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

I have been doing my best to come up with some creativity. So I came up with the idea of a prison on an island. During the Ottoman occupation of Albenovo (the name of the city), the prison was built in the mid 16th century. Exiles from the other parts of the empire served their sentences on the island.

cxl_screenshot_albenovo_7_Fotor.jpg

After the Independence of Bulgaria, the prison - which earned quite a bad repetition due to the punishment of the Bulgarian revolutionaries - was turned into a city museum. Today, it is one of the most frequented attractions of the town. At weekends, there is a local market in the front yard of the museum.

cxl_screenshot_albenovo_9_Fotor.jpg

14. backofthegarden

backofthegarden Skilled Worker

I Totally feel you! There is some amazing work going on here but I will submit this time!

kipate likes this.
  15. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

I have focused on the historical part of the town so far, and here is Aleksandr Levski Plaza on the centre left.

I do my best to come up with an authentic Bulgarian architectural outlook with the current mods available. This quarter is one of the "fancy" quarters of a relatively poor town. I hope you will figure out the glamour of the quarter once I am able to upload the peripheries of the town.

cxl_screenshot_albenovo_11_Fotor.jpg

16. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

@BahadirB build in water, roads parallel or perpendicular to the shore to lower the land until you reach the plaza. then you can plant some trees or bushes cxl_screenshot_test_0.jpg

17. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

@Project_Oz, thanks for the tip. To be honest, I'd like to heep the rock appearance but your suggestions might be more aesthetical and realistic. Thanks once again! (y)

Project_Oz likes this.
  18. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

You can rise the ground between the plaza and water with a road (rise the road with shift). Delete the road, then build with 1m path from water perpendicular to plaza to lower the ground. In this way you can create some cliffs.

BahadirB and kipate like this.
  19. Jotaere

Jotaere Mayor

Can't show much detail, because I'm still working on the road network... I've been very busy with tons of work. It's hard not to be frustrated!
    Here's something.
    cxl_screenshot_mosojmarka_12.jpg cxl_screenshot_mosojmarka_11.jpg
    Greetings!

20. Kimopolis

Kimopolis Executive

Hello, I would like to show you my harbor. Hope you like. This is my first competition but I've been playing some time ago.
    20180501183752_1.jpg