1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities: Skylines - Ur Opinions

Discussion in 'General Forums' started by mrmajkl, Sep 4, 2014.

1. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

Hi folks,

I've just seen this and I am already disappointed haha why nobody is able to create really good working city builder simulation game? Nowadays with such an technology....

Ok it looks nice but the horrible again not realistic looking graphics and textures.... it looks a bit better than SimCity 2013 and description promises cool stuff coming up even all this I can already tell Cities XL is absolutely best looking city builder game ever. I love the realism of CXL and probably will cry again and again over the unfortunate end of the game. Why non of the companies wont take over CXL and finish it.... rather than creating another non perfect game....

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/08/ci...ty-builder-not-just-kick-simcity-in-the-balls

What's your opinion?

2. Masochist

Masochist Vagabond

I think it looks much deeper than Cities XL. The thing about XL is that it's definitely more of a city...painter. There's no life to it, though. You can make the city you want to make, but it doesn't grow, and it doesn't breathe. As small and unrewarding as SC13 was, there was this incredible sense of life about it, like you weren't just building a city, but CREATING one--those buildings changed as people changed, they grew up as the land value grew up, the people had life cycles and weren't just bland representations of citizens. I've read in interviews that Cities: Skylines is going for the same thing, that life, and if it succeeds, I'll gladly play it despite a decrease in graphics.

mrmajkl likes this.
  3. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

And you have to remember that the game footage we're seeing at the moment is from the beta test. The final release will most likely have better looking graphics and more buildings.

4. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Umm maybe XLNation will have to expand to include that in the future :)

prismaticmarcus likes this.
  5. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

I agree.(y);):xllove:

6. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Indeed Icy, I have been thinking about that, too and I am all for it!

7. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

They have more than half year to make it great so I will hope the wont mess up. With that moding support they promise you could do guys probably amazing stuff..

8. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm sticking to XL.

Might not have the best simulation but it's by far the best city-builder. "Painting" a city; creating a work of your own is precisely the point.

razonan, Ole, gbojanic and 1 other person like this.
  9. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I agree Snick, but let's see how this game will be like when it releases.

10. LEXTACY

LEXTACY Executive

ALthough the game might have dated graphics. Its for the good of 32x32km maps. Besides modding would get extremely difficult if the graphics needed to be Grand Theft Auto 5 ish. Mods wouldn't get released , if maybe 3 per year , and the game dies quickly. Id rather have the game stay fun :) Gfx =/= Great gameplay!

11. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

The maps aren't 32x32, they are 6x6, maybe with the option to make it larger if you have a decent computer.

Here are some new screenshots.

IMG_154584998300235.jpeg
    IMG_154581854121996.jpeg

Fire trucks people, real working fire trucks. :toast:

Anyway, here's my opinion.

Even though they are both city builders, CXL and C:SL are clearly different games. CXL is the only option when it comes to building a realistic city. C:SL seems to be focusing on the simulation part, more like SC4. No doubt I'll be getting C:SL the day it comes out and play the hell out of it, but since CXL has come out I've played shit loads of games and I always come back to CXL.

C:SL will have to be one he'll of a game to take over CXL's status as the best city builder we have.

12. Extablitz

Extablitz Unskilled Worker

looks cool, we can see how many kids, adult people inside house, also how many smart and retarded people inside it.
    the graphic also dated, if this like cxl+simcity I will try it but not if it just simcity wannabe

13. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Does this game warrant its Own Forum ? It seems to be far enough along in development

14. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

looks promising, but ill wait for the beta or the release before i forge an opinion
    for now its somewhere between "wow" and "crap" :D

gbojanic likes this.
  15. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

I'll wait 'till it comes out to make an opinion. But what I've seen so far, it's not something that will replace CXL.
    I don't understand why doesn't someone just buy CXL from Focus and polish it??? It would be (I guess) much easier than making a completely new game...

16. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Maybe some companies have tried but unless Focus wants to sell it, nobody is ever going to get a hold of CXL to give it the attention we'd like to see it get :(

17. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

plus clx would need a total rewrite of the game to modernize it.

18. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Buyout of CXL by the fans is not going to happen. Too many legal issues, not to mention the money, and that's even if they would be willing to sell the rights, which I doubt.

19. Inan

Inan Governor

There is no really very good city simulation at the moment. CXL (raw game) is unplayable and SimCity 5 is just a bad joke...

20. prismaticmarcus

prismaticmarcus Unskilled Worker

can we not use the word 'retarded' please?