1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Cities Xxl Community Mod 2.10

Cities XXL Community Patch, previously known as the UIM.

1. wcpaeb

wcpaeb Executive

Is there a no collision button added? because i cant see any. only the smaller custom content button.

Thanks for the update!

2. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Not yet, I'll add it in the next one, I just wanted to get it updated for Patch3 first

3. wcpaeb

wcpaeb Executive

Ok, thanks :) Take your time, thank you very much again for the update and all your hard work!!

4. Willer Bononi

Willer Bononi Executive

I'm not sure if this has been covered but I can't find any button to close that filter window... any tips?

5. ronrn

ronrn Governor

I was installing/testing some XL 2009-14 type blueprint mods when I noticed that the zone/build alone button and the toggle building filter panel button get removed when -any- blueprint icon is selected.
    I removed the blueprint mods that I had just installed, ran the game and the same thing occured.
    These buttons will only re-appear when you cycle back to planet view and reopen, or open another city, or the game is restarted.

6. fong47

fong47 Vagabond

No pavements menu

7. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Great work so far!
    Can't wait for the Limitless construction button... don't want to play without it :(

8. Altiris

Altiris Governor

kipate and gbojanic like this.
  9. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Yaaaay!! Now I can start building a new city....
    Thank you very much for all your hard work!

10. ronrn

ronrn Governor

I have one new button in the UI. Are the no collision and the limitless construction one in the same?
    Perhaps someone will enlighten the less knowledgeable folks(probably just me) as to the benefits and basic functions of this new feature.
    thanks

11. Kurtis Edwards

I believe, if I am correct, no collision means they might not snap to the road, while limitless usually snaps. Both, however, will stack next to each other and what not.

12. Kurtis Edwards

The question is... which old XL mod or wait for a dev. to make the XXL version? I just don't know, I've got a pretty nice 'county' like map of smaller cities and what not in the making. I might wait. Plus, each day I mull over picking up Skylines. However, XXL is getting pretty close to being as full with mods as platnium and below.

13. Altiris

Altiris Governor

I'd say ~90% of old mods should work now... with the exceptions being.....

- Any mod that uses transparent furniture shader.
    - Any mod that is heavily dependent on UIM code, that hasn't been re-created in the CM, like CLM, HEM, Ski Pak, NEXL
    - MSOVERWATER Mods.

14. Nitemist

Nitemist Vagabond

ok, just a 'dumb' question...
    when getting the COM mod, do I delete the older ones, or keep them?

15. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Yep, in fact it's mandatory.

16. Nitemist

Nitemist Vagabond

Ok
    TYVM for the info

17. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Seems that now, after the latest Patch#4, that Steam will not allow the game to start unless this XXL Nation COM version is deleted/removed from the mods folder and Steam then automatically downloads that Steam version to your mods folder.

Steam is no longer a democracy.:censored:

18. Helio Lopes

Helio Lopes Unskilled Worker

where can i download the patch???

19. Kurtis Edwards

Patch 4 is an automatic install if you use steam. All the updates are auto w/steam. The Comm. Mod is also on the steam workshop for XXL.

20. XLUser

XLUser Unskilled Worker

Got cities XXL after having all the previous ones ( Platinum etc. ) . Used UIM to download mods

In order to use the mods for XXL I assume the Cities Xxl Community Mod 2.05 has to be downloaded first as it was the case with previous Cities XL UIM

I got windows 8 - when downloading Cities Xxl Community Mod 2.05 it doesn't recognize the file ( it seems to be a patch file ) ...... could somebody help on how to fix the issue and steps to take to make it work.