1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Echa

Discussion in 'Country Discussions' started by President of Echa, Jan 16, 2015.

1. President of Echa

Here you can discuss anything about Echa or one of its cities.

Link to journal

2. like li

like li Vagabond

I just want to ask:How to download it?I think it is beautiful!

3. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

As you probably know, the country consists of 2 cities. @JuanAcadé made Daeran and I made Epanjal. I'll take a look at which mods I used and how to upload my save-files.

You can improve/extend Epanjal if you want to. You can also upload it as a City Journal after you have extended the city, as long as you mention what I did.

4. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Okay, just follow the instructions to download Epanjal:
    1. Which game version do you have? If you have CXL Platinum it's fine. If you have CXL 09/11/12 it's probably fine as well but you'll have to test it to be sure. If you have CXXL I, probably have some mods which don't work. Let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.
    2. Make a backup of your own save files first: Tutorial - How to Back-Up the Savegame Folder
    3. Start a new city. This city's files will be replaced by Epanjal's. The map must be "The Wetlands" and the road type must be French. Remember the name of the city.
    4. Exit the game. The game will do an auto save.
    5. Download my files: Epanjal.rar. Open the .zip file (you may need WinRAR) and copy all the files in it
    6. Now open your library:
      Register or to view Spoiler content!
    7. Go to the save folder (make sure you have activated "show hidden folders"). It's located here: C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Local \ Focus Home Interactive \ Cities XL 2012 \ live \ offline \ solo (Windows 7, might be a little different from yours).
    8. Sort the files by date. The newest file in here is the save file map of the city you just created. Double-click on it and replace all files in it with my files (those you copied).
    9. You've imported the city now but you'll need my mods as well. If you don't know how to download mods please read this tutorial first: Tutorial - How To Install Mods. First make a backup of your mods folder if you have downloaded mods before.
    10. Download my mods: Epanjalmods.rar and paste them under: C: \ Program Files \ Focus Home Interactive \ Cities XL 2012 \ paks \ mods. I haven't used most mods but I think you'll like them anyway :D. It's more than 750 megabyte so grab a cup of coffee while downloading. You'll also need the User Interface Mod.
    11. If you have downloaded some mods before, you'll probably have some mods I also have. You'll get some pop-up windows asking you if you want to replace these. Just click "don't paste" or "replace".
    12. Done! There might be a chance you'll find my city as "Guyas". That's what I called it before I named it "Epanjal".

5. jorgenj

jorgenj Unskilled Worker

Hello,
    Very nice city. I love the connections to the highway, hence my question: What type of road do you use in the city, and is there any kind of special mod for those connections to the highway? It is beautiful and very realistic. Love the European look of the city.

6. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

The ones with white pavements are German roads, the rest is default except some streets with wide stone pavements which are French. You can switch road types in the cheat menu.

The interchanges are done with the Realistic Highway Mod (RHM). There is a thread about RHM interchanges in the City Photos forum.