1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Edzo Map, City Building Contest, Spring 2017

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Mr.X², Feb 6, 2017.

1. kipate

kipate Governor

Splendid realisation, @Clemech4, I love your temple district, and the fields are awesome (y)

Clemech4 likes this.
  2. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Indeed, indeed. . . @Clemech4 that's a fantastic idea and a wonderful realisation.

Under the limitations of a three months contest, this is simply stunning.

Consistent, original and well. . . one of the best ideas we have seen here years now. Not sure i 'd vote it for a realistic city but it has won my heart 1500% as a concept, as an original realisation and as a historical place.

ObelicS and Clemech4 like this.
  3. solo

solo Executive

these city's going up in the submission thread are some of the most creative well built city's in the history of the game.

Gioroman87, Clemech4 and XOUSTE like this.
  4. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Thank you very much guys :) I put 3 others categories but it's historical city that i'm aiming mostly.

Gioroman87 likes this.
  5. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

Really impressive !

Clemech4 likes this.
  6. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Very nice city from you too, i like it ;)

7. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

I will continue building this city till it grows to at least 1000000 populations , Thanks to all the modders here and yes, my new GTX1050 laptop XD.

cxl_screenshot_newedzo_81.jpg

Kitsunebi, Myname, Monty and 4 others like this.
  8. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Haha yeah, we need powerful computers to use this game, if i was rich i would buy a supercomputer just for cxxl xD

selodinger and BahadirB like this.
  9. wildii

wildii Governor

The submissions look really impressive! (y) I wish I had the stamina to create such detailed cites ...

10. kipate

kipate Governor

Amazing work @XOUSTE (y)
    I love the urban sprawl :)

XOUSTE likes this.
  11. wildii

wildii Governor

@Clemech4: I am just amazed by the stone quarry you created :)

BahadirB, Clemech4 and kipate like this.
  12. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

Woah, really nice creations everyone here. I love different approaches from every player. There are some amazing creative solutions. (y)

@Clemech4 Special feel you created there, you just got it right i love it !

@XOUSTE I like your city and i love your photos. Amazing " glowing " style, very artistic and real in same way.

I will post in few days. Cheers ! :)

XOUSTE and Clemech4 like this.
  13. nicknick

nicknick Governor

I am ready to upload my submission. No buidling anymore, it's really time to get back to real life obligations.

I am also uploading here some photos that were eliminated, last minute, from being submitted in the competition thread.
    Photos i submitted roughly follow from the air the path of a train line in the city, specifically S1.
    Please free to comment and suggest to put any of them in the competition thread if you feel they are telling something more.

This time i went for an almost full map coverage.
    City sprawls in a circular valley around the bay.
    There is a train / highway network, city trains S1, S2, suburban railway and national trains passing the city. A freight train line also covers the most remote parts of the valley where a new container port is being built.

I am very happy for what i have managed to build regarding Pepino's train mod. Train network is basic in the city's arrangement.
    There is a 19th century train station right in the middle, S2 line ( yellow line ) convers the mainland part of the city as a mostly elevated line.
    S1 is a recent addition that was built together with the airport to minimise through traffic in the central island.

zz01dcxl_screenshot_the valley of _1370a9XN.jpg
    View above the airport towards the city.

------------------

ZZ02megascreen0205aXN1.jpg

General view towards the bay and the central island.

------------------

[​IMG]

This picture was eliminated last minute, in favor of another high altitude aerial shot.
    This kind of shots are real in-game shots and not a result of stitching. In order to get one of them "land" on an artificially elevated part of your city, tilt slightly towards the elevated ground and then scroll your mouse down to go backwards. You practically take off :)

------------------

zz04cxl_screenshot_the valley of _2133a3XN.jpg

Another high altitude shot showing the arrangement of the city's areas.
    Shot was eliminated because forest plazas would not render properly at that altitude, even after 10 - 15 minutes. Still this is a nice angle because it shows the three canal islands, the Ring highway and the point where S1 and S2 cross.

------------------

zz05board91.gif
    This is a small side project, regarding the train network. That's the Departures screen at Lotnisko / Airport station. Platform numbers and train numberes schedule reflect to what has been designed there. The airport station was a pretty straight forward station with 8 platforms and all traisn passing / stopping there, still i had to do this to arrange which train goes where. Oh. . . and there is a small piece of tribute right there at the news part :)

------------------

zz06MetroPlan3.jpg

This is also part of the trains project. The train diagram ref;ects to what has been designed in the game.

------------------

ZZ07_cxl_screenshot_the valley of _1045a3_2XN.jpg

This is a nice shot of the bay. My goal was to create effective night shots with real in-game elements, without adding any photoshop elements.
    Everything in all city photos here and in the submission, including night lights and hills are in0game elements. There is a lot of photo editing going on, especially at the contrasts levels and trying to lessen green tints mostly allphotoboxes produce, still shown elements are always what was included in the game.

Thank you for watching and commenting. Off from here now to see the visual result and post my submission.
    Thank you all, especially the modders for those contributions. No city can really be made without them.

Attached Files:

Kitsunebi, Myname, Gioroman87 and 7 others like this.
  14. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Quick question before uploading submission.

I have initally uploaded the photos in this thread here, using the "upload a file" function. This function seems to resize the photos and especially mega shots are getting automatically shrinked.

Then i reuploaded the thor photo using the media function of the site. The photo has been uploaded in its original size, still i also get the "attached files" part right at the end fo the post.

Is there any way to upload a mega shot in a way that readers see it in its original size but without havint the "attached files" thingie right at the end of the submission? I think i am missing something here. . .

kipate likes this.
  15. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

@nicknick woah, amazing submission. Beautiful map coverage. And surely one of the best if not the best terrain management.
    I really love everything, from the idea to creation, and you gave me some inspiration for my further work !

Congratulations ! Im stunned (y)

16. wildii

wildii Governor

@nicknick: I am speechless! Impressive work (y)

17. Gioroman87

Gioroman87 Elite

[Quote = "nicknick post: 38043, membro: 3045"] Sono pronto a caricare la mia presentazione. No buidling più, è davvero il momento di tornare ad obblighi di vita reale.

Sono anche caricando qui alcune foto che sono stati eliminati, all'ultimo minuto, di essere presentata nel thread della concorrenza.
    Foto Ho presentato più o meno seguono dal cielo il percorso di una linea ferroviaria in città, in particolare S1.
    Si prega di liberare per commentare e suggerire di mettere qualcuno di loro nel thread concorrenza se si sente stanno dicendo qualcosa di più.

Questa volta sono andato per una copertura pressoché completa mappa.
    Città si estende in una valle circolare intorno alla baia.
    C'è un / rete autostradale Treno, treni S1, S2, ferrovia suburbana e treni nazionali di passaggio della città. Una linea treno merci copre anche le parti più remote del valle in cui viene costruito un nuovo porto container.

Sono molto felice per quello che sono riuscito a costruire per quanto riguarda il treno mod Pepino. rete ferroviaria è di base nella disposizione della città.
    C'è una stazione a destra del 19 ° secolo, il treno in mezzo, linea S2 (linea gialla) Convers la parte continentale della città come una linea per lo più elevata.
    S1 è una recente aggiunta che è stato costruito insieme con l'aeroporto di ridurre al minimo nel traffico nell'isola centrale.

[ATTACH = full] 38429 [/ attach]
    Vista sopra l'aeroporto verso la città.

------------------

[ATTACH = full] 38430 [/ attach]

Vista generale verso la baia e l'isola centrale.

------------------

[​IMG]

Questa immagine è stata eliminata all'ultimo minuto, a favore di un altro colpo aereo ad alta quota.
    Questo tipo di colpi sono veri e propri scatti in-game e non un risultato di cucitura. Al fine di ottenere uno di loro "terreno" su una parte artificialmente elevata della tua città, inclinare leggermente verso il suolo elevata e quindi scorrere il mouse verso il basso per tornare indietro. È praticamente decollare:)

------------------

[ATTACH = full] 38432 [/ attach]

Un'altra alta quota colpo mostrando la disposizione delle zone della città.
    Il colpo è stato eliminato a causa piazze forestali non renderebbero correttamente a quella quota, anche dopo 10 - 15 minuti. Comunque questo è un angolo di piacevole perché mostra i tre isole canale, l'autostrada anello e il punto in cui S1 e S2 trasversale.

------------------

[ATTACH = full] 38433 [/ attach]
    Si tratta di un piccolo progetto parallelo, per quanto riguarda la rete ferroviaria. Ecco Partenze schermo alla stazione di Lotnisko / Aeroporto. i numeri della piattaforma e numberes Orario treni riflettere di quanto è stato progettato lì. La stazione aeroporto era una stazione piuttosto semplice con 8 piattaforme e tutto passa traisn / fermarsi lì, ancora ho dovuto fare questo per organizzare quale treno va dove. Oh. . . e v'è un piccolo pezzo di tributo proprio lì a parte notizie:)

------------------

[ATTACH = full] 38434 [/ attach]

Questo è anche parte del progetto treni. Il diagramma rif treno; etti di quanto è stato progettato nel gioco.

------------------

[ATTACH = full] 38435 [/ attach]

Questo è un bel tiro della baia. Il mio obiettivo era quello di creare efficaci riprese notturne con elementi reali in-game, senza aggiungere elementi photoshop.
    Tutto in tutte le Città foto qui e nella presentazione, tra cui luci notturne e le colline sono elementi in0game. C'è un sacco di foto editing in corso, in particolare a livello contrasti e cercando di ridurre riflessi verdi per lo più allphotoboxes produrre, elementi ancora indicati sono sempre ciò che è stato incluso nel gioco.

Grazie per guardare e commentare. Fuori da qui ora per vedere il risultato visivo e inviare la mia presentazione.
    Grazie a tutti, in particolare i modders per tali contributi. Nessuna città può davvero essere fatta senza di loro. [/ QUOTE]
    E 's impressionante mi piace ogni cosa you are makes a good work and immage live it

18. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

Here we go, I am also done. Too bad some photos are not resized correctly when clicking on them, especially first photo cause its almost 4k but with only 1.5 mb :angel:
    Good luck to everyone !

19. nicknick

nicknick Governor

@Gioroman87
    I 'll need Google to translate it and then comment. . . and a coffee to. . . 06.00 here and getting ready for work :)

Google Translate is a wonderful tool )

Thank you Gioroman87. I like your way of building too which shows that every one has a unique eye :)

Grazie Gioroman87. Mi piace anche il tuo modo di costruire.
    Mostra che ognuno ha uno stile unico :)
    Spero che questo sia stato tradotto bene.

20. nicknick

nicknick Governor

@ObelicS
    i absolutely love your submission. I am a big fan of your building style and way of presentation.
    Your cities have an urban feeling and a density that is always very difficult to achieve in this game.
    I also love two of the parks i saw in your photos.

I also fall on this "resize" thing yesterday when submitting.
    This was one of the reasons i made a "test upload" in media area to see if everything is where it should be.

It seems to me that if someone uses the "upload file" function the pictures get resized.
    If you use the "media section" and give a site link when submitting the photo gets embedded in its original size. You also get the "attached file" thing in the bottom of the page.

For reasons i don't know i embedded two megashots but got one of these smaller "attached" icons at the bottom of my submission.

Without knowing the exact mechanics of how every case worls, i 'd say that if you definitely want to showcase the meagshots, you can always reupload your submission. Or delete and reupload or something like this. . . Your city is anyway fantastic. . .

With careful observation i also noticed the elevated rail which is absolutely fantastic and a very logical spot to put and the way you made one of the promenades using the "Chinese" bridge. I am always a big fan of originality and new ideas and both, especially the second one are very very very clever.

Super, the competition is getting warmed up :)

ObelicS likes this.