1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Edzo Map, City Building Contest, Spring 2017

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Mr.X², Feb 6, 2017.

1. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Guys,
    Fabulous! :b16:

ObelicS likes this.
  2. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

@nicknick I am glad to hear such nice comment from someone who is also great with his creations !
    Yeah 1st picture is amazing on my computer, you can zoom in to almost every part of the city and see something interesting.
    But nevertheless, everything will be on PDF book im planning to create :D

selodinger likes this.
  3. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Oh! Those submissions are looking great so far and it seems to be awesome competition.
    Good luck guys :)

BahadirB and ObelicS like this.
  4. Gioroman87

Gioroman87 Elite

Sorry @nicknick I wrote from my cellphone and i set up the automatic translator if you arrived in italian I apologize. I do not know how to reset it. Thanks for what you said as a @ObelicS and all the veterans are phenomenal.

ObelicS likes this.
  5. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Submissions are closed now and voting has started: Official 2017 Edzo Map Contest Vote
    Feel free to campaign for your favourite cities
    Good luck everyone and thanks for participating (y)

ObelicS, kipate, BahadirB and 2 others like this.
  6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I decided to not enter this time round. I have been sick foe the last three weeks. A simple cold turned into a chest, sinus and ear infection. On top of that I had a tooth infection. Hopefully I can be more healthy for the next competition.

7. nicknick

nicknick Governor

wow, that's too much. . . competition is not really important. . . get well soon!!

BahadirB and kipate like this.
  8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

At the end of it all now thank goodness :) Just in time for a cold winter.

9. solo

solo Executive

The city's look great, so much innovation and creativity this time, tough competition.

bad luck skullz, your in new Zealand right? its damn freezing atm

10. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Sorry for hear that, I'd like to see the city you've built.
    Hope you get better soon Skullz.

skullz613 likes this.
  11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah I'm in Auckland. Pretty chilly tonight. Decided it was time to fire up the fire place tonight. The cat's are enjoying it.

Kitsunebi and solo like this.
  12. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Sad to hear that, hope youll get well soon :)
    well have a next comp ;)

kipate likes this.
  13. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Voting is already on its way ( don't spill the beans kids, remember it is invisible to those that still have to vote )

Thing is that this looks as a good competition once more and very very interesting cities.

One of the best changes we have made this time was to request that all photos are through the site, meaning to stop using third party linking. . . this will ensure submissions will be there for future reference. I wholeheartedly think we should keep this and even extend it to journals too. . .

I 'd like someone to shed some light on the following that has to do with submissions, i assume it may be technical thing that applies to journals too?
    - i understand that there are only two ways to link a site photo, either i) upload it directly or ii) publish it at media and then link it. Am i correct? or is there any other, third way to do so?
    - i also got that uploading it directly causes some downscaling / resizing to a size that i think is 1600x900 for pictures that are bigger than this? Is this how it really works or am i missing something that should be done when directly uploading?
    - is there any other way to upload a fullHD photo as a fullHD photo. . . i mean instead of linking it through a media publication. Some BCC code, or, or, or?
    - does this happen when someone posts a journal too, or a message here for example?

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Photos are resized only if they are over the set size for the forum. The resize however, is only for display and the image is not physically resized so there is no loss of quality (Click to see fullsize is shown)
    There is no other way to upload on XLN. Only direct into a post or resource entry or by linking a media image.
    Third party hosting can be used but you run the risk of loosing images if the image host closes or changes their free account policies like some have done.
    The current max image size for a post is 1600x1600 and 2MB in size. Example, If you can create a image at 2400x2400 under 2MB, it will be resized for display but by clicking on it the image will show full size.
    The only way to allow full HD images is to increase the file size permitted. If this could be done on only certain forums then I would set it up. There might be an addon to do something like that.

ObelicS and kipate like this.
  15. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

Is there any way to identify accounts that can vote ? Cause i see some " fishy" users voting that are joined today, or few days before.
    So is there any way to control account making just for voting ?

16. kipate

kipate Governor

The challenge is the first thing on the front page, so it may be quite natural to have votes from people who just joined XLN ;)

17. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

Just saying its strange that people register only to give one vote and thats it.
    That was the problem for previous competitions also but hey.
    Who am I to judge