1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix for old mods shader crash errors (XXL) 1.2

Solves crashes related to shaders in older mods.

1. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Cities XXL 05.12.2017 - 00.28.57.02.png Cities XXL 05.12.2017 - 00.27.28.01.png

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

3. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

You mean The Dynamic Tower Hotel? It works well before this

4. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

You mean The Dynamic Tower Hotel? It works well before this

5. Monty

Monty Governor

Lol, that's weird. The new york hotels have a problem, apparently a shader was not assigned to them so the game looks up for a shader called #.fx that doesn't exist, so it switiches to default shader. In Cities XL that didn't make the game crash, it only generated a ton of warnings in the log file. But in CXXL it just crashes. You can't use the fix by Skullz in CXXL because it also crashes. I guess you'll have to choose which buildings you want to be able to use. I can't fix them without re-exporting them and I don't have the original models to do so.

6. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Please look at the two pictures I have posted.
    In fact your fix mod 1.3 has successfully fixed the crash but make the rotate hotel a problem

7. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

In my picture above:
    With your fix mod 1.2, the rotate hotel works well but the new york hotels crash;
    With your fix mod 1.3, the rotate hotel becomes a huge black model but the new york hotels not crash;
    So, there maybe a way to make them both works well.

8. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

By the way, one building of the NY. Mid Rise Residential. Elite workers pack crash XXL too
    Same author giorgioelsedai with the new york hotels

9. Monty

Monty Governor

I understand. But as I said, I can't fix it without having the original 3d model and re-exporting it to the game using the correct shader. With most of the older mods it only takes to override the old XL shader with the new XXL one, but apparently these models have a different problem.

10. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

But your fix mod 1.3 has fixed it(new york hotels crash)....I mean
    It just make another mod(rotate hotel)a problem

11. tedro

tedro Vagabond

Did anyone ever find out how to fix this? I get the same error message.

12. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello,
    Logically, you shouldn't get this error.
    I can only see three reasons why you are getting this error:
    - Either you forgot to place the "ZZZ_Fix_For_Old_Shader_XXL 1.2.patch" file in your Mods folder?
    - Either you forgot to remove the old version "ZZZ_Fix_For_Old_Shader_XXL 1.0.patch" and or "ZZZ_Fix_For_Old_Shader_XXL 1.1.patch"
    - either the "ZZZ_Fix_For_Old_Shader_XXL 1.2.patch" version that you downloaded is corrupted. If so, I invite you to download it again.