1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

For statistic nerds

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by Inan, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Inan

Inan Governor

Hello folks!

This is only for statistic freaks... Here in this thread i will post statistics of my fictional country, the Northern Union Republic. There will be almost no city pictures ;). For city pictures please visit my CJs. Click the link in my signature.

I like all kind of fictional countries with statistics regarding cities, geography, topography, population, economy, area, politics etc.

Let me start with a map of the NUR, showing the metropolitan areas of the country. Let me know what you think. I tried to keep realism, considering the background story and population statistics of the country. Seeing a map of the country without that "viewblockers" and more information about the country, please visit one of my CJ.:)
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

Clemech4 and kipate like this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

Nice idea (y)
    But I am not sure about all the sub-regions of the Osco Belt. For me, there should be no more than four sub-regions, one for each million city within that area. For example, the Fort Cohen metropolitan area should be completely absorbed by the St. Lucas metropolitan area. Also, I am a bit confused about the numbers. That Dago-Amcanti-Feltham area has about the same size as the New Hastings area, but five million more people? And NH has about 3 million people alone, not?

Inan likes this.
  3. Inan

Inan Governor

Better?
    I have to take care about the population i mentioned in the CJs. When i calculated the population of the states, i didn't think about how to share the metropolitan areas...

kipate likes this.
  4. kipate

kipate Governor

Yeah, seems more reasonable to me (y) but now it is rather the CoCo Belt (either for coast to coast, or for Fort Cohen to Cost)^^

5. kipate

kipate Governor

What if you rather speak about combined statistical areas (CSAs) instead of Metropolitan areas? This way, you could avoid problems regarding the numbers that you mentioned within your CJs :) And then a CSA for Dago-Amcanti-Feltham would make sense :D at least from my point of view, a metropolitan area still has to focus on a single city instead of an conglomerate of cities^^

Inan likes this.
  6. Inan

Inan Governor

So, next statistics: The Islands of the N.U.R.
    I really like little facts, anektodes and background informations and stories. :)

Myname and kipate like this.
  7. Inan

Inan Governor

I am thinking about a presentation of some pictures of this islands, but i don't know how. Maybe i just take @XOUSTE pictures of his maps and - if needed - build something there like a military base or a small town... Or just post the great natural landscape :D
    Or @Montys. He also made 2 spanish massifs :eek: great work too. Btw... don't miss Monty Island :LOL:

8. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, they only work with XXL ;)

Inan likes this.
  9. Inan

Inan Governor

It was rather meant theoretically...:) But nonetheless those mentioned maps could easily work as nationalpark. A Pity there is no option for waterfalls in the game...

Next time i show some mountain ranges :)

10. kipate

kipate Governor

Jetzt mal auf Deutsch: Ehrlicherweise gefällt mir zwar die Idee einer allumfassenden Präsentationsseite hinsichtlich der Northern Union Republic (auch wenn ich immer noch nichts mit dem Namen anfangen kann^^), aber die Präsentation ist... suboptimal :/

Zum einen wird es mit der Anzahl der Städte und der präsentierten Fakten schwierig, den Überblick auf der relativ kleinen Karte zu behalten. Zum anderen fehlen dann doch die Bilder, die einem einen Eindruck etwa von den Inseln geben können.

Mein Vorschlag wäre folgender:
    1) Veröffentlichung als CJ, nicht als Thread, unter dem Titel "Northern Union Republic". Ich weiß, dass du die Historie der NUR auch in den einzelnen CJs präsentierst, aber wenn man da eben nur kurz drüber schauen möchte, liest man sich den Teil nicht durch, da wäre dann eine allumfassende Seite meiner Meinung nach hilfreich. Du könntest in den einzelnen Städte-CJs allein auf die Geschichte der Stadt/Region eingehen und ansonsten auf das NUR-CJ verweisen.

2) andere Karte: es ist MS Paint, oder? Ich mein, du weißt selbst, dass die Aufmachung zählt, da wäre ein professionelles Kartentool vielleicht hilfreich. Ich weiß nicht, ob es da was umsonst gibt. Ich selbst habe mir mal Fractal Terrain gekauft, das ist super und macht viel Spaß, und da kann bestimmt genauso viel Zeit dran verbringen wie an CXL, kostet aber etwa 30€: Fractal Terrains 3 world generation software
    Ein kostenloses Tool wäre AutoREALM, aber ist halt nicht so gut wie FT3.
    Was ich mir wünschen würde, wäre zum einen eine Übersichtskarte der NUR, zum anderen Detailkarten von den einzelnen Regionen und Inseln. Das ginge auf jeden Fall in FT3. Und historische Karten wären ein Traum, so 18. Jahrhundert, dass einige Teile noch nicht maßstabsgetreu dargestellt sind :love:

3) Ja, es fehlen irgendwo die kleinen Städtchen und Dörfer. Es muss ja nicht alles so kompliziert sein wie Porto Nuevo^^ vielleicht könntest du einige Maps mit kleinen Dörfern bebauen (oder aber auch nur als Naturmap mit ein paar Weilern und Nationalparks) und dann je ein oder oder zwei Maps als Repräsentanten für eine Region oder Insel in dem NUR-CJ darstellen.

Klar, kostet wahrscheinlich Zeit und noch mehr Zeit, aber es wäre dann zum einen strukturiert und für andere Mitglieder auch immer auffindbar, zum anderen wäre es dann auch besser von der Aufmachung her ;)

11. Akondatjeva

Akondatjeva Vagabond

WTF, no one calls me anymore for this shit Pics look good guys.

Sucks about the breakage, at least they are easy to replace