1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Here's More Gameplay For You!

Discussion in 'General Forums' started by TotalyMoo, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Eastley

Eastley Skilled Worker

That is what I just said?

I have seen the game, graphics are not as good, not as realistic. But everything else is better.

2. IshRocker

IshRocker Unskilled Worker

True. Should I continue posting pics or nah?

3. Eastley

Eastley Skilled Worker

I have watched hours of you tube video.

Second complaint. While not as realistic in the graphics, there is clear evidence of lackof building, every building is repeated so much and looks horrible.

Modders might be able to fix that one, we hope.

4. Rene

Rene Executive

I'm sure the graphics will improve further down the line, for example with mods AND eye-candy ploppables and expansion packs from Colossal Order and Paradox.

More content will result in more varied cityscape, and on precious locations all the extra content and prettier structures and buildings comes more to light.

Here the game starts with basic content and perhaps much of what yet unseen.

I wonder when we will here about extra content and expansions packs anything under the hood? For us to share and be sure of and embrace.

Truly the path these developers are doing is something FHI never bothered with. Mind you everyone Cities Skylines will be a success. Release not that many hours away.

5. kipate

kipate Governor

@Eastley , no offense, but please do not confuse others with complaining about outdated
    information. You maybe also read some text and do not only watch videos ;) :D
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2x4mf9/we_are_colossal_order_the_team_behind_cities/
    (an actual AMA that was held at the 25th of February this year...)
    there is this comment:

Could we get your short list of things you are committed to post launch? What about things you'd like to see but aren't necessarily hashed out?

co_martsuCEO of Colossal Order - Cities Skylines 53 Punkte 11 Tagen zuvor

Short list: 1. Tunnels 2. European buildings

Both will be free updates and released as soon as we have had the time to develop them.

So, there indeed will be more variety of buildings.
    Also, there was another comment which I unfortunately did not find again, in which it was said
    that the variety of buildings already had been improved, compared to what you could see in some
    older videos. Hope that helps you!

6. Eastley

Eastley Skilled Worker

I can read and quite frankly I find your post rude and uncalled for.

I was totally aware of the up coming buildings, but this will not be enough to fix the issue.

For Example: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406041732

That is ugly, that is an issue, and that will not be fixed by European building set as the type of building in above post are not the target buildings.

So my post is not complaining of out dated material.

Maybe you should as for more evidence instead of replying with such garbage that really only tried to make you look better on the forums.

7. kipate

kipate Governor

So once I criticize someone rather politely,
    he directly feels offended?
    Did you see the smileys there? I don't know, but they are used
    mostly to tell the reader not to take the post dead serious.

Register or to view Spoiler content!

IshRocker likes this.
  8. IshRocker

Let's just be civil. I started this to show you guys something new

The Funky Monk likes this.
  9. Aerosikth

Aerosikth Unskilled Worker

Gameplay is much better, but then again Cities XL isn't really about the gameplay itself, it's about the end product. And I still think the end product in Cities XL looks better than Skylines, which is why I will stay with XL ^^

Hopefully they add the ability to place buildings individually in Skylines instead of just zoning, and then mods can really shine. Then we'll see :p

10. IshRocker

The only guy here who thinks like me :p

kipate likes this.
  11. FreakMagnet

FreakMagnet Vagabond

its amazing how the screen shots look so much like sim city..

12. IshRocker

hey FreakMagnet, xlnation is not a hate site(except for simcity) if you dont have anything nice to say don't say anything at all

13. FreakMagnet

FreakMagnet Vagabond

Why would you think that this would be a hate site. Only you are seeing that. Hope you can find some release for your pain/anger/hate/bad day/poor childhood etc.