1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction Round: Colonization

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Dreian, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Since the announcement related to UIM technology & the discovery of the planet was made, the World started the race to get things organized for bringing the first settlers on Alpha Centauri

OMNICORP

Register or to view Spoiler content!

ROUND OBJECTIVES FOR YOUR EXPANSION PROGRAM

END OF INTRODUCTION ROUND

INTRODUCTION ROUND CONTESTS - Voting system will soon be announced

kipate likes this.
  2. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Wow awesome finally its here!!!:D Lets start it then :sneaky:

3. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Lets start :D

4. kipate

kipate Governor

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    To specify what is a high rise and what is not:
    I looked for some definitions on wikipedia, and this is what I got:
    • Emporis Standards defines a high-rise as "A multi-story structure between 35–100 meters tall, or a building of unknown height from 12–39 floors."
    • In the U.S., the National Fire Protection Association defines a high-rise as being higher than 75 feet (23 meters), or about 7 stories.
    The last one was made due to the limitations of the ladders of fire trucks; still, if we take the Emporis definition,
    any building above 12 storeys, which on top of that is divided into regular floor levels, qualifies for a high rise (radio towers, churches, etc. ... are not considered as high rises then, but you cannot use any church you want now (only some specific churches/mosques/temples/... can be used at the start), see Buildings List thread; radio towers might be used, though).
    Now you know!!!!!

5. kipate

kipate Governor

so, finally, we have 10 commandments people shall look for!
    9 on this side, and the last being not to fuck around with Omnicorp
    unless you are powerful enough... how biblic :)

6. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

OK, I see. For me I follow a Canadian city's and also Skyscrapercity's definition of a highrise, which is above 10 floors while the midrise
    would be 4-10 floors. That would mean a lowrise is something below 4 floors.
    Our country will be neutral from the start but we might be your enemy/ally in the future, who knows. :p

7. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

End of introduction round this Sunday 7th December.

Don't forget to open your country thread in the appropriate part of the forum.