1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

It's About The Music!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Robert Simmons, Jan 14, 2015.

?
  1. Copyright infringement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. FocusHomeInteractive bought it and is paying royalties

66.7%
  3. Just a coincidence

33.3%
  1. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Unskilled Worker

I was on the internet the other day....
    And I stumbled upon a song that bears a striking resemblance to one of the music tracks in CitiesXLPlatinum (CXL_16_outgame3 (in the music folder)).

The song is called "Oia in Winter" by Osunlade. Make sure you get at least 20 sec. into it...

2. Robert Simmons

Who voted for "Just a coincidence"? It's in the same key...has the same exact pitch and tempo! No, no, no...this coincidence nonsense doesn't add up at all.....

3. Rene

Rene Executive

CXL music is so boring and monotonic I hope they add some new songs to CXXL. I love SC4 soundtrack :)

4. Robert Simmons

Yeah, the SC4 soundtrack was okay...but in my opinion nothing will ever top the SC3000 soundtrack. Composed by the great Jerry Martin, it was performed by real great jazz musicians.

5. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

I don't know what 3000 music files are, maybe ogg anyway you could convert with something like goldwave , to a mp3 and put them in folder in place of what ever atmo you don't like just name file the same as original

6. Robert Simmons

Yeah, I tried once to put the SC3K audio files into the CXL2012 music folder, but none of them played. Are you saying I have to give them the same name as the ones that are already in the CXL2012 folder?

7. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

yes back up you original folder/files and then replace original with new...yes they must be exactly same because they are themed and are refered to by the game