1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Kawashima City

Bustling Port City

1. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Kitsunebi submitted a new resource:

Kawashima City - Bustling Port City

Read more about this resource...

2. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Kitsunebi updated Kawashima City with a new update entry:

Some snapshots getting around Kawashima

Read the rest of this update entry...

kipate likes this.
  3. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Kawashima Castle and Palace Garden

kipate likes this.
  4. kipate

kipate Governor

An instant favourite :xllove: :love: One can almost feel the passion that made you create this "opus magnum" :) The part with the lavender fields and the small wooden shrine really gets me!! It looks so scenicly placed into the area, as if you had mastered ancient Japanese Horticulture! Awesome (y)
    And those views with the Palace or the Castle upon the hill in the centre are just fabulous! Must have been quite an impression for all the rival clans.

Keep it, mate (y) You're on fire!

Kitsunebi likes this.
  5. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Hi, I like what you have built so far and I will write a review when you finish the updates, but now I have 2 questions.

What do the roads around Kawashima Castle mean? Road, wall or cliff?
    At Moon watching Villa what stones did you use in front of the building?

And just a suggestion you have to learn to edit the pictures a little more.

Kitsunebi likes this.
  6. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Thanks so much for your nice words (y) the lavender fields were a last minute idea and I could have added much more different stuff, but I'll keep that for my other asian styled cities :LOL:
    Yeah, I imagine the castle as being one of the grandest in the nation, at least in old times... someone should have created an ancient drawing :whistle:

7. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Thanks a lot! Well, there are at least three more updates planned (about the city's traffic, the surrounding areas, some special gardens, possibly one about the harbor alone..), so please be a little patient.

1.: the roads are supposed to be man-made retaining walls to create a flat top of the hill. It would be more clear if the texture was like a japanese stone wall :D
    2.: the stones are from this mod, I think: Ploppables - Megaliths
    At another place on this map, I used a different kind of stones from here: Ploppables - Landscape Rock

I appreciate your suggestion about the pictures. Actually they are pretty much as they came from the game. I only edited floating bushes, that appear from some plaza mod. :LOL: If I had started editing pictures to my liking with better light, probably clouds, a landscape beyond the horizon of the map, people, cars, ships, trains, ... there would never have been a CJ :unsure: it took over a year to build this city and I could easily get lost in adding more details. So I am sorry, you will have to bear with the simple pictures and feel free to let this influence your review... but not too much :whistle::ROFLMAO:

8. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Kawashima City Traffic

9. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Strange choice, especially since you have those people who walk so close to the edge and there is no protective fence.

Thanks. I use both mod a lot but I didn't recognize them.

I didn't mean to delete or add objects to the picture. I am against such thing. Just give them a little color and clarity. I modified this picture in photos, which is a Windows app, and it took me maximum 30 seconds. But you do as you want. Anyway, I look more at how you combined the buildings and not at the quality of the picture. 200-2.jpg

Kitsunebi likes this.
  10. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Yeah well... what else should I have used that works in CXL2012 AND my lame laptop? :ROFLMAO:

Most welcome...

Oh I see... well I could try with a few pictures in the next update then (y)

By the way: I updated the traffic update :LOL: you can see an overview at the end with the railway lines and highway routes: CJ - Kawashima City

11. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

The valleys north of Kawashima

12. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

400-3.jpg

Can you tell me what have you built at the top red arrow and what plaza you used at the bottom red arrow. Thank you.

13. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Actually I am not sure about the plaza along the river as I have too many plazas in my game :unsure: but that "wall" in the background is the 10m road from this mod: Transportation - Seawall and WaterRoad Pack

14. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

East of Kawashima

kipate likes this.
  15. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Six temples and shrines of Kawashima

kipate likes this.