1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Livestock Farm Wooded Forest 1.0

Create areas of forest in your livestock farms

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Kurtis Edwards

Hey,

I am currently using these in XXL, and they work great. However, they do the whole camera shifting/trees disappearing thing. It's not just overviewing, it specific directions the camera faces. Monty told be to try your 'game performance' thread fix. I did, and it seems to draw everything quickly, but the trees will still disappear in one specific camera direction. Is there any help you can offer? I know the fixes I tried were not exactly for XXL.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have never had the trees disappear on me in XL or XXL. The shadows do but that's due to the camera mod which was fixed but still plays up.
    Have you got a camera mod installed? Could be that causing the issue?
    Just had a thought, I remember building my city for the competition and It go to the point huge amounts of trees would vanish at a certain camera distance. Think that problem was memory (RAM) though and maybe not what your experiencing.
    I just remembered that these were based on Nickos wooded forest areas (I just changed the grass details) so theoretically his mod should cause the same problem for you. If not then its a mystery to me at the moment.

4. Kurtis Edwards

Yeah, @Monty told me that at high zoom a completed city w/plaza's will not render entirely by the game, but if it's specific directions and different zooms, it's a bug in the MOD. Both Nick and yours are doing the same thing for me. I'm gonna load up the game and take a snapshot. Pic to come shortly.

5. Monty

Monty Governor

The disappearing trees is a bug in the game, not the in the mod.

Ole likes this.
  6. Kurtis Edwards

Oh.. thanks, Monty. I misunderstood ya then

7. Kurtis Edwards

I'm trying that camera fix tonight. It might be the thing.

8. brendonwright1989

Random bringing this back up but is there any way to stop the trees disappearing / always had this issue and it’s frustrating for me due to the detail and having whole sections disappear.
    I’m hoping there’s some back-end change of code or something ?!!!

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Theres nothing that can be changed in tree class files from what I can see. I'm sure it's mainly due to the core of the game itself. I only ever see it happen when I have used thousands of trees on a map like a forest. Does not matter if its a plaza of trees or single trees, they all vanish in blocks if theres to many.

10. brendonwright1989

Yes that is what I've noticed -someone told me there was a 10,000 tree limit? I wonder if there's a way that ploppable trees could be made that aren't considered trees - like perhaps it's considered a building? This way they don't have to disappear.

So frustrating because I place so so many of them to make little forests / reserves, along rivers etc and parks and of course, once a big area is created they disappear completely in some parts, I have always sort of just worked around it until I thought maybe someone had a fix!

I hope some creative genius can provide a workaround ;)