1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Monorail for XL 1.2

Monorail system for XL

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

2. DANNY W

DANNY W Vagabond

it's not working .can't build anything!

3. kipate

kipate Governor

Do you have all prerequisites installed?

4. steven thomas

steven thomas Unskilled Worker

Is this just eye candy or does it actually function as a public transport line for the population. When I build a line, it appears in the public transport tab but capacity does not change from 0%.

5. parker2244

parker2244 Executive

Very nice mod but unfortunately its not working

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

a little bit more detail about your issues would be nice and what you have done/tried so far :p
    no one here is able to help without a little more detailed description about the issues. if sth causes a crash, always post a log.
    if sth "is not working" make sure to install all dependencies correctly and follow precisely the instructions on how to build. its working perfectly in xl2012.
    same goes for "not functional". it is functional. just make sure to not use the dummy tracks and connectors :p

kipate likes this.
  7. steven thomas

steven thomas Unskilled Worker

I build stations, connect with track, use the dummy track to join first and last stations, monorail gets added to metro lines, capacity does not change from 0% despite time passing.

Dependencies have been installed as intrstructed

8. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

weird, must be another reason.. for me its working fine and also shows usage % in menu.
    you could try that increase metro usage mod and check if your monorail connects the correct districts for workers

9. parker2244

parker2244 Executive

i got "cities xl 2012", the latest UIM and 1.3 tags mod but you are right, i have to be more specific here. So, my game doesn't crash or anything like this, i just cant build the rail and the message always says that there is not enough space as i can remember. I wll try this again, maybe i do something wrong i haven't understand yet but anyway, thanx for the answer Mr X2

10. kipate

kipate Governor

@BlackDiamonds , may I ask whether you have posted a log-file somewhere in the Discussion Thread of this Monorail Mod? If so, the we could probably offer you some help.
    Also, no offense, but keep in mind that te mod is working for several hundreds of people,
    so probably the mistake was on your side.

11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

ah ok, so the same issue as some have in xxl? Monorail (XXL only) | XLNation - Cities XXL
    im not sure whats causing it, but i guess it depends on the map youre playing on..
    not sure if this will get fixed.. :( making it nocollision or adjusting height values might help (but i wont explain it here^^)

parker2244 likes this.
  12. parker2244

parker2244 Executive

Ok mate. Thanx for the answer i ll try this in another map, thanx!

13. VelitelCabal

VelitelCabal Vagabond

I tried getting the patch file and put it into the paks folder but when I open the game on Steam, it crashes. Any solutions? Thanks!

14. kipate

kipate Governor

Do you have a log file?

15. VelitelCabal

VelitelCabal Vagabond

What is that? I don't think I have.

16. ronrn

ronrn Governor

C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XXL\log
    Open the last(most current) log file and "save as" .txt , then attach it to your post.
    "AppData" is hidden on most pc's unless your pc is set to "show hidden files".

17. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

18. parker2244

parker2244 Executive

Hello again! As i wrote, unfortunately i can't use this mod in my city so i want to delete this. The problem is that whenever i delete (i am sure i have deleted all the traces in my city) it, then the game crashes my city! I also tried to delete all the metro lines but again the same. Could anyone help me with this cause i suspect that the mod crashes my game...:( . I use Cities xl 2012

19. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

could be caused by these little pillars untitled111111azsmk.jpg

they remain (without this red dot) on your map after you delete a monorail line.. not possible to find in a city :(
    yet i have only bad solutions (unfortunately)
    1. find all pillars and delete them
    2. load an old save before you have built monorail
    hm, yeah both suck.. maybe @Altiris has a better idea?

another point: what indicates this mod is causing issues (not the crash when you remove the patchfile. talking bout issues when you use it)? just asking because you are the first one reporting issues (and having all dependencys)

20. parker2244

parker2244 Executive

You are absolutey right about the pillars. I ve already seen them so i ll try to delete them. Now about the old save sav i am not sure... Iits a lot lot work after the monorail patch so as you can think, its not my first choice... As for the answer i am really not sure if this mod really indicates issues or its in my head but the game before this used to work good, without problem etc.. So i guess maybe this mod is theproblem but really not sure :). Thanx for the answer mate

Thanx for answer Mr x2