1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Monthly donation goal issue

Discussion in 'Website Information and News' started by skullz613, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I've had to manually kick off the donation goal for the last few months as it has not started when it should of.
    Donations can still be made even if the goal is not active. I will carry over the PayPal balance to the goal when it is active.
    There's been no changes to the site software so I'm unsure at the moment whats been causing it not to start when it should do. I'll do some testing so everyone might see some random testing donation goals appear at some point.

kipate likes this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

How do you get to the 16 days left? I mean, we will have the 20th of July in 16 days starting today, that's not quite the whole month?

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

That's because it didn't start when it was suppose to. I have been busy and didn't think to check it.

I did some thinking and I might just set up a pile of goals to cover the remaining months left in the year. New ones seem to start OK.
    Having one goal set to restart at a set date every month is not working for some unknown reason.

kipate likes this.
  4. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

@skullz613
    Donation issue for me this evening (in France), morning for you. Impossible to reach Paypal. I tried several times but nothing happened as if the link/button doesn't works.

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I'lI check it out

Edit: worked fine for me. Maybe an issue with the connection from France to PayPal servers. Hopefully it will be resolved.

kipate likes this.
  6. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

It's OK now. I tried from my office and it worked.

7. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

i try to donate,but i can not.can i ask for a suggest?i think if the capital is the problem,why do you not to Solicit advertisements?it will Alleviate financial pressure.i know i donot have Qualifications to propose this suggest,but i think it world be help,pass through and force the advertisements to download mods.

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Had tried to keep XLNation free from advertising but I think the time has come to add some ads. The Google side of it was set up but I had not gone further with it. Once I have moved I can set up my PC properly and have a decent internet connection so will get back into the site improvement

Lokentaz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.