1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Ostriv - indie city-building game in development

Discussion in 'XLN Watering Hole' started by Yevheniy, Oct 1, 2016.

1. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

European style ...only?:D

2. Yevheniy

Yevheniy Skilled Worker

Thanks! Yes, I'm working alone. This is very personal project:)

The game will get modding support, so you could make it African or Asian :)

3. wildii

wildii Governor

The game looks very interesting :) Reminds me a bit of Banished.

"You will need to influence your city by means of setting prices, taxes and various policies." Could you tell us more? What policies in particular?

Yevheniy and Abandon Ship like this.
  4. Abandon Ship

Abandon Ship Skilled Worker

How did I just discover this? Oh, it just made it to the front page. Anyway, this game looks pretty cool. I just have a few questions

1. Can you explain a little bit more about the roads? From what I read, it looks like some will naturally appear, but something about reasonable placement... I'm confused. What does that mean?

2. In some of your earlier development pictures, a building or two looked like a church. Is there going to be a stronger emphasis on religion in this game, or at least some ploppable churches? It would fit that era.

I had about six other questions, but not only did I have a brain fart, but I have to go now. Any way, this game looks really fun, and a way to change things up a little bit. Good luck with development! It looks more like a team effort, not indie, so nice going.

Yevheniy likes this.
  5. Yevheniy

Yevheniy Skilled Worker

I won't lie, there's no stone-carved concept about that, but I'm moving in the direction of player making decisions about what kind of activity is allowed to citizens, like can they sell a particular product on market and at which price, can they export it to other towns, can a foreign trader sell goods to them. It highly depends on which types of activity I'll implement and I'm open to suggestions.

I mean that when people walk, they leave tracks. And they walk just by shortest path. Meanwhile you can build paved roads, but mind the "desire paths" problem: Desire path - Wikipedia

Yes, there will be churches and I hope I can make them more than just a decoration.

Abandon Ship likes this.
  6. Hypercynder

Hypercynder Skilled Worker

I will like that you add american building style too.

Maybe that you can do modern buildings or monuments. as DLC

Do you will try to work on this ?

Abandon Ship likes this.