1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Paris Pack (with no-collision version) 2.0

32 Paris Haussmann-style buildings

1. aitortilla01

aitortilla01 Governor

aitortilla01 submitted a new resource:

Paris Pack - 32 Paris Haussmann-style buildings

Read more about this resource...

Myname likes this.
  2. matte37x

matte37x Vagabond

AWESOME WORK BIG THANKS TO YOU AND MONTY :boww:

3. Steven H. Endermann

You know, looking at the pictures gave me a good idea-I found a way to make a boulevard out of normal roads and the trees galore pack. I also got an idea on how to build a big train station from some of your pictures. Thank you! Merry Christmas.

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Just wanted to ask you for permission to create and upload a nocollission addon for this awesome pack?
    or are you or someone else already working on it?

5. Myname

Myname Mayor

I don't understand why the trees doesn't work ! :cry:
    [​IMG]

6. sodsal75

sodsal75 Unskilled Worker

Thanks , patch beautiful and accurate as ever . It requires version without collision .

7. aitortilla01

aitortilla01 Governor

8. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

Thank you for Paris Pack, it is truly amazing. One problem I have found however is that some of the buildings (modular louvre for example) have a horrendously high cost per month (10700 for one piece of the louvre alone). Is this supposed to be the case, or is there a glitch? I'm using CXL12. Thank you.

9. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

... also, where do I find the gardens in the louvre pictures? Thanks.

10. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

golden medal2.png 1st Place Winner, December 2015 Mod of the Month

OmniusPrime likes this.
  11. xerdon

xerdon Unskilled Worker

I just wanted to ask about the boulevard and place de la republique because I see no trees that are supposed to be placed there. I see only those square base where the trees supposed to be in place. why is this?

12. kipate

kipate Governor

@xerdon : without trees, @aitortilla01 has given you the option to choose for any sort of tree that you wish for, not just dedicious trees ;)

13. xerdon

xerdon Unskilled Worker

Hi! The pack is amazing I hope you could add the city hall in Paris someday 'cuz that would be a awesome.

14. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to remove the tracks from the train station (the long trailing bit behind the roofed area)? That way the station could be used in smaller spaces with for example bridges for the platform area ?? Please help me.

15. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I don't see any rail tracks and I sure want to place them. Looks like I may need the rail mods to see the tracks that Tramp doesn't want. Finally a building that would make rail track mods useful. All I see are long track areas between platforms but no actual rail tracks. Looks like this mod should have more dependency mods listed to see the rail tracks.

16. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

The one finishing touch to the transportation building would be to lay track along the track beds. Such an impressive passenger/cargo capacity. I wish we had track already laid along the track beds to make it more realistic since we can't lay rail track along them ourselves. Then placing trains and cars along the tracks would make that rail station look totally awesome! I think it's the best transportation building for capacity in the game!

17. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

The track beds is the part I was refering to. I don't see any actual tracks until I lay them (which are small roads and then converted to tracks). The tracks can be laid over the beds and some way into the roofed area and looks really cool. The platforms from the 'Noerdlingen' stations set on the tracks in the track beds looks awesome and 'completes' the look for me. I think the station could be laid in a much shorter space by not having the track beds there and only using the 'Noerdlingen' parts for platforms (as a possible example). I have tried to lay the station directly after a river crossing but the track beds overhang and is not right for me in some instances.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  18. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Tramp,
    I couldn't get the tracks to build correctly over the rail beds. I even tried building a road and converting but it didn't do the trick. Looks like you have to have perfectly flat ground to make that trick work. Instead I'm turning it into a rail museum and the beds are where I'll place rail engines and cars. That seems to be the best use of rail in XXL since the cars don't move and they'll look stupid in a video trying to model them as being an active rail system. By making a museum the static engines and cars will look logical. I just find the rail tracks to be absolutely worthless until someone can make them connect to the map edge without that crashing the game. Plus more "furniture" is needed to make an active rail system look real so that there are things that load or unload train cars as well as things like coal storage or water tanks for trains.

19. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I just made another Tribute to Mods and Modders video and I made sure to show off the many wonderful buildings in this awesome Paris Pack in my Paris city. I made sure to find a novel way to use the transportation building, by turning it into a train museum complete with lines of railroad locomotives and cars. I found a way to use some aspects of the rail without using the crash-causing rail track mods. You can enjoy my new mod tribute video here:

kipate likes this.
  20. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Here's a new video where I do a much better job of placing Paris Pack buildings in my new layout system. Such a wonderful set that includes service buildings, retail and businesses.

kipate likes this.