1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Registration Thread: Join Your Expansion Program

Discussion in 'Registrations' started by Dreian, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Welcome to CountriesXL mate, I know you'll have some fun here with that new PC and that 1 month vacation,
    which is similar to the 2 week vacation I will be having once its Friday. :D
    And of course, you can join whenever you feel like. :)

2. Steven H. Endermann

City style you would like to build:
    • I like to build American cities with many suburbs, sprawling retail districts, and mid-sized downtowns with simple road layouts.
    Preferred maps to build:
    Additional information:
    • Time you consent to allow to Countries XL: That depends on how well my classes are going. IVCC is not incredibly hard, but I sometimes get a lot of homework.
    • Links to City Journals you have on XLNation: http://xlnation.net/resources/the-twin-cities-of-roanoke-and-ottawa.1128 ----------This CJ is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FRA FAR FAR FAR from being even close to done.
    • Skills with softwares: I am not too great with software, but I have a somewhat respectable knowledge with hardware. The most advanced coding that I have ever done was messing with a Rain Meter.
    Performance of Computer:
    • My computer can handle cities reaching a population of: ~2.5 million (lower if I install all of my mods)

3. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey Steven,

sorry that you had to wait a bit for a response...
    Currently, the moderation team is taking
    into account all your information, and we need to discuss
    some things before we can give you a good answer...

4. Steven H. Endermann

It is okay. Thank you for updating me.

5. kipate

kipate Governor

Okay @Steven H. Endermann
    The country of Ilala it is that you could join,
    members right now are IshRocker and Manila Twilight,
    who has done a nice CJ already (IshRocker's is still in progress).
    Have Fun Guys!

6. Steven H. Endermann

I cannot find that country.

7. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Steven, you have to contact Manila & IshRocker by PM... because it's he youngest of all countries, & they did not start yet a country journal

8. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Doubling in here that we think closing Round 1 on 25 of January ( & move on to Round 2). Please refer to the following thread to discuss Round 1 contests as there are some doubts about the quality of what we proposed.

http://www.xlnation.net/threads/round-1.2000/

9. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

People from Normany & Ilala, Pauliaxz spontaneously proposed us to customize some CoXL skins for his latest model of truck his working on... here's the skin we are working on for Marramar's oïl & gas national company!

aNua2LR.jpg

If you want to see some national spirit in the Streets of your cities, don't forget to contact Pauliaxz

10. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Hmm sounds like a great way to start up our petroleum company. I just need a good name and logo now.:p thanks Pauliaxz :)

11. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

12. JuanAcadé

JuanAcadé Elite

Hi, I haven't played since August, and I lost both cities in which I was working on. So I'll try this, if there's a place for me :p

• I like to build European cities with a good number of landmarks inspired on real places, and majority of old buildings and low-rise offices.
    • Regarding specialization, I prefer a mix of HighTech&Offices (most offices) and some light industries (warehouse mods and that kind of stuffs) and farms.
    • If I have to choose, I'd like to have one or two train stations instead of an airport or a harbor.
    Preferred maps to build:
    • No particular map, just a flat map with a river , like the Wetlands or Washington D.C
    Additional information:
    Performance of Computer:
    • My computer can handle cities reaching a population of: Less than a million, in low graphics.

13. Steven H. Endermann

14. JuanAcadé

JuanAcadé Elite

I don't know, but there should be more, I remember seen some great American cities on the site, at least before migration.

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  15. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

JuanAcade, thanks for your interest, we ll get back to you by the end of the week, as we are in process to update a little bit the gameplay rules. Priority is given to finish the map of the world before releasing next round objectives

16. JuanAcadé

JuanAcadé Elite

Ok, take your time, I have a final exam in two weeks, so next week I won't have time to play.

17. Korczynskii

Korczynskii Vagabond

Candidate: Korczynskii

• I'd like to build city in European style. More specifically in Polish/German style. Medium sized cities with lot of paths, bridges and greenery.
    • There have to be the big oldtown area with many restaurants and shops
    • I don't specializate my city, my idea is to create city what is friendly to inhabitants and students, with good schooling system and workplaces.

Preferred maps to build:
    • 1st choice: Lakes
    • 2nd choice: Rivers
    • 3rd choice: Seasides

Additional information:
    • Time you consent to allow to Countries XL: 1/2hours p. day
    • Links to City Journals you have on XLNation: :(
    • Skills with softwares: Photoshop. (and also html, css)

Performance of Computer:
    • My computer can handle cities reaching a population of: 1.3M but in next month I buy computer that can handle cities with 3/4M inhabitants.

18. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Thanks for registering Korczynskii! As said we have to update the concept though. I know Dreian said this would be discussed earlier, but we all forgot I guess :D. I'll discuss it with kipate and Dreian and hopefully it'll be done before this weekend.

Korczynskii likes this.
  19. Korczynskii

Korczynskii Vagabond

Okaay. So I am waiting :D

20. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Well, I suppose the new rules apply from now on. Tell me if you want to join an existing country or not and which map you'll be using and then you can start with round 1.

@Steven H. Endermann : you're the only one who likes to build American cities so I think it's best to make new country (or did you join Ilala already?).
    @JuanAcadé and @Korczynskii : you can join both Echa as Normany and also make a new country. It's up to you.