1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

See My Cities in Videos in 4K

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by OmniusPrime, Mar 7, 2016.

1. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Even better than seeing photos from inside cities in Cities XXL here's a look at my cities in videos recorded in 4K. This is my first XXL episode in 4K, I did a few before that show aspects of the game as well as my cities. I also do several videos of Cities XXL videos that pay tribute to mods and modders.

PaulJChris and kipate like this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

You Need to work on your no collision houses and try to create smoother ramps!
    Your poor city's inhabitants!

Besides this, it Looks like a nice beginner's work :)

OmniusPrime likes this.
  3. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I’m still learning the ropes of XXL. Part of the problem of no collision houses are some mods exceed their base and stick out into the avenues. I’m learning how to better place no collision buildings. As for the ramps it’s the game’s preset pieces but I need to figure out how to place them so that I can extend the connecting avenue to make a longer transition to ease traffic backups.

4. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

kipate,
    Certainly would have been nice if you told me some useful info about placing no collision buildings. I just learned that those oversized T3 US residential buildings done by pauljchris can be placed to not jut out into the avenues if you place them manually by selecting individual buildings instead of zoning random ones. Now that I know that trick I’ll do better at not zoning random buildings for unskilled and skilled T3 residential buildings.

PaulJChris likes this.
  5. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

kipate,
    I took your sage advice about the no-collision buildings and am replacing all of those oversized buildings so they no longer stick out into my streets and my cities don't look like beginner's work. You can see here in my Sacramento city that I've gotten almost all of them, found two while doing the video.

I found it's not smoother ramps but longer ones, that I accomplished in my Paris city and the traffic on them improved greatly. I also did an extreme makeover of Sacramento that improved my traffic problem there significantly. You can see the improvements here:

Thanks for giving me a gentle kick in the behind to learn from my mistakes.

6. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Here's my latest city Flachlandstadt. I'm using ronrn's Flat Map. I've created my new Klick Square Parquet Floor Dos Equis (Double X) road layout design. Here I've grown my population to 236K.

kipate likes this.
  7. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Here's my final episode of Flachlandstadt. I show off my beautiful city of 8.1 million as well as the 100% service satisfaction levels and the excellent traffic system. My Klick Square Parquet Floor Dos Equis layout system worked well at spreading out traffic. My Hexagonal metro layout did a nice job of moving people and the tram system aided in that endeavor. I circled my city with my Magnetic Levitation Monorail Rollercoaster and begin the episode riding on it. Over 250 mods went into building my impressive city. I make sure to show of the traffic system so you can see I had yellow sections of road but no orange.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  8. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Here is my finished Monterey city at 4.5 million. I have 99% health satisfaction and 100& satisfaction in the other categories while maintaining a mere 10% tax rate for all worker groups and industries. A lot of new buildings and this time a port area as well as a funny Titanic diorama.

Drazicdesign likes this.