1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Skullz's Projects And Betas

Discussion in 'Projects' started by skullz613, Aug 30, 2014.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

@brendonwright1989

I made the changes needed to the flat water plazas so the shadows from the ground do not show on them. The class and layout files have different names from the original mod so can be used along side it. I have not made changes to the interface icons though so if using both mods there will be doubles and no way to distinguish them.

You have two options. Use the main patch which has all the water plazas or use one or more of the single water patches from the ZIP file. Do not use the main patch and the single patches together

Attached Files:

CraCkeR JaCk and kipate like this.
  2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

It was mentioned that different colors are needed in some of our plants so i have been experimenting with the Boxwood bush.
    They are roughly the same size as the original boxwood but i remember seeing the brown one slightly bigger. This patch is a beta but does work fine.
    I will at a later time, make different sizes like I did with my small plants patch. I also have a few trees and a grass plant to release at some point.

Heres the thumbnails,
    skl_boxwoodbrn.png skl_boxwooddark.png skl_boxwoodred.png skl_boxwoodyellgrn.png

They are in the standard menu with my other bushes.
    See attached patch file XLN_skullz613_Boxwood_Bushes_BETA_1.0.patch

Attached Files:

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Made variants of the Azalea bush. They are in the standard tree menu.
    blue.png orange.png purple.png red.png wht.png yellow.png

Will be making a smaller version later like my small plant patches.

@Monty
    Also will share two new trees I've been working on. They are not based on existing XL trees so have taken longer to make.

This one is Goldenrain.
    goldenrainii.png

This one is a Lemonwood (NZ tree)
    lemonwoodi.png

Both are not too tall and have fine details on the leaves. Not 100% sure what impact on performance would be if hundreds of them were placed. I'm still learning the ropes with Speedtree 4.2 so I'm unsure what the settings should be for XL regarding LOD's. I can only guess from opening up existing XL trees.

Both are in the standard menu.

EDIT: I remade both trees as I think they were slowing the game down. They both now are close to the specs of the standard XL trees. Download version 1.1 and remove the older version.

Attached Files:

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

@Project_Oz

Here's an updated version of the GlobexCo boats patch I did for you with the snap added. I've done the thumbnails so you can tell the difference. Each one now has a S in the right hand corner.
    s_boats_1.png
    Patch filename is the same so just overwrite the older one in your mods folder.

Attached Files:

Lokentaz, kipate and Project_Oz like this.
  5. kipate

kipate Governor

Our Glorious Leader, do you think you could reduce the costs for highway connections to zero? I mean, I want to try out the side by side city link with RHM, but if I have just five connections, then I will get ten links, which would cost too much^^

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll check them out today :)

Update: Have made the changes and have uploaded version 1.2

selodinger and kipate like this.
  7. Myname

Myname Mayor

Your work about new trees is just amazing, please continue ! :boww:

Lokentaz likes this.
  8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I will. It's something XL and XXL really needs as there's not many members who know how to make them.

Lokentaz and Myname like this.
  9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's the grassy plant I made a while ago when learning speedtree. Unfortunately I can no longer edit it. Every time I do and go to export the composite maps, only one blade shows up instead of many of them. Don't know if it's a setting somewhere or a bug. I will however get back to making a similar one as I think the LOD's might be to high.

shrub.png

Its in the standard tree menu. To delete you need to click on the green can at the base of the clump.

Attached Files:

10. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Is there a tuto somewhere?

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Not that I could find. Monty was in the same boat. I'm learning more and more by using it. Think I have the LOS settings sorted.
    Once I have got confidant with it I'll try doing a tutorial. Only issue is the availability of the program.

Lokentaz likes this.
  12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

@sadiemydog discovered some older Hungarian house patch files and I was able to fix the pin LOD's, but noticed the pub had the wrong menu thumbnail.

I made one yesterday and updated the patch file (see attached TF_kocsma.patch).
    B_pro_kocsma01_t1.png
    I also added localization files too as the name and description were messed up.
    I have also added localization files to the post office patch. See it also attached.
    Just overwrite the ones you have in your paks or mods folder.

@sadiemydog feel free to update your resource post with these patch files or you could just link to this post. What ever is easy for you.

I'm also getting myself sorted to get back to making trees and plants. I lost a ton of tree projects when I last formatted my PC (Forgot to back the folder up :( ) but will push ahead with new stuff.

Attached Files:

Drazicdesign likes this.
  13. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

They are very good, these little houses!

Absolutely, something else,

The plaza (2) is much too pixelated,
    How can I reduce the image?
    In order to obtain the same pixelation as the plaza (1)

I thank you for your help!
    upload_2019-8-4_18-47-30.png

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

To get a better resolution I normally do something like this by joining four copies of the image.
    join.png
    I then resize the final image if needed. This method has worked well for me a few times.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  15. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I thank you for your help,
    Yes, it happens to me to do the same thing.

I would like to succeed in making a plaza "Falaise"

Is it possible to reduce the surface of the tile without touching the image?
    For less stretching the image?

With a code in the layout?

Here is the image I use,
    upload_2019-8-4_23-22-11.png

16. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have not found a way to change sizes in the code. Unless I missed something when I was looking over it. I remember trying it with a plaza last year but did not see any changes. I actually cant remember what I changed in the code now since it was a while ago.

17. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I have tried to modify several lines of code, but nothing happens,

Damage,

Thank you for your help,

18. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

wow you did a great work!we need this ground grass and rocks,i think you can make some fork for the ordinary roads,sorry for my english level!

19. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

TIM图片20191019145107.png skullz,i want to make a map,but i have this problem,do you know why it is?

20. ronrn

ronrn Governor

just by looking at this image,
    you have only one elevation (flat)
    I would say that you need to ad elevation variance by using a height map or the landscaping tools