1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Unlocker Light 1.2

Unlocks various landmarks and buildings. Original author: Soltan Gris.

1. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

royb 98 submitted a new resource:

Unlocker Light - Unlocks various landmarks and buildings. Original author: Soltan Gris.

Read more about this resource...

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's the other file that he had done: zXLN_SG_UnlockerReal_v.1.25.patch

MEGA

I think he had offered both in the original post on the old XLN

3. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

I tried the Unlocker Light patch in XXL and although it appeared to be working I couldn't locate some blueprints (such as Nelson's Column) however that could have been because of a conflict with any of the other mods I have installed - I have lots haha.

However, what is of more concern is that the Unlocker made the "Toggle Building Filter" and the "Switch between zoning and buildings alone" menu buttons disappear. When I removed the Unlocker patch, both buttons were back on the menu.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  4. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Thanks for uploading the Unlocker Real, @skullz613. I thought it was pretty useless though because (for as far as I could see) all the Beach Pack buildings it unlocks are already unlocked by the UIM and all the Ski Pack buildings it unlocks plus some more are unlocked by the Ski Pack Unlocker by Altiris. But anyway, it may be of use to someone.

@KevinTheCynic: as said, you may have to toggle the individual placement button on and off to fix some buildings not appearing. But if the button itself doesn't show up, well, that sucks :LOL:. I'll update the mod description.

5. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Hehehe :LOL:
    Yeah, when I had it installed I had the game in window mode so I could check on this page and I was about to toggle the placement button and... the buttons had vanished :(
    I'd used the unlocker with CXL Platinum without any drama but obviously there's changes between XL and XXL, so maybe I've tripped something in XXL that's caused the buttons to vanish.
    However, that could very well be a conflict with other mods I have installed so I'll be interested to hear how the unlocker has performed for other users.

6. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

KevinThe Cynic,
    When the building filter and the random zoning/individual building buttons disappeared did you try going out of the program and then back in to see if they reappeared? I know they disappear in XXL when you click on a Blueprint building. They do come back on a reload. Thanks for posting this problem as that is a deal killer for me wanting to fool with this unlocker. I have most of the buildings anyway so the few it would unlock for me wouldn't be worth the price of losing the building filter buttons. Especially now that I never randomly place buildings.

KevinTheCynic likes this.
  7. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Never thought to try that :oops:
    So after reading your post I reinstalled the unlocker and tried it again. Although I purchased XXL some time back, I only installed it and started playing it a week ago. It's been a long time since I played XL so I'm having to learn the tips and tricks all over again for XXL :read:
    Anyway... I reinstalled the mod and loaded up my test city but still could not find Nelson's Column although it appears that most of the other blueprints are opened up by the unlocker.

Now I'm wondering if Nelson's Column is actually in XXL at all, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who's used the unlocker and if they've got access to the Column. I think I mentioned above that I have a lot of mods installed already so there may be some conflict between mods perhaps. I have that situation with the excellent Parking Pack NEXL Compatible where only one of the parking lots actually shows up out of the five and none of the parking garages show up. I've only recently got a city to 10,000 citizens so I'm nowhere close to getting access to blueprints in a vanilla game so I haven't been able to check if Nelson's Column shows up in game without the unlocker.

And speaking of that, back to the unlocker...
    As you mentioned, once you select a blueprint, the filter and zoning buttons disappear. Whether you place the blueprint or not makes no difference, once a blueprint is selected the buttons disappear and will not reappear until you back out of your city and onto the world map. When you go back into the city, again as you mentioned, the buttons reappear.

So it's probably more a minor irritation than a deal-breaker.

Edit: Forgot to mention that unlike in XL, the blueprints accessed by the unlocker in XXL are still in the Packs -> Blueprints tab and not in the Packs -> Building tab.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  8. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

KevinTheCynic,
    Patience young Padawan, you have far to go in population before you get Nelson's Column. For a really quick check go to Options and Cheats and click on Unlock All Buildings. You should find Nelson's Column then. Many landmark or blueprint buildings don't become available until you reach a population goal. Some buildings are messed up waiting for a town hall when you actually have a city hall and will remain incorrectly locked. Nothing like Unlock All Buildings to give yourself the whole collection to choose from. Plus you see the whole selection in the game you can choose from. There are other unlocker mods, I know I've got a few but can't find them in my XXL mod list.

Under Buildings The San Francisco's Transamerica Pyramid (Unlock) 1.0 by wcpaeb works. As do the ones under Civic Services like the modification and unlock bonus buildings 2015-02-12 by spacky and the Unlock - Private middle school. I'm sure I have a few others that unlock specific buildings but their titles aren't obvious about it. Some might be XXL, others might be XL. There are others I haven't used.

You need to be careful about Blueprint buildings, you actually want to build them as BP buildings because of the benefits they yield. I found the BP Building Accelerator Cheat most helpful in reducing build time. Sometimes they aren't the same size either. Look at the Paris map that has lots of Paris BP buildings prebuilt and they are almost all smaller and none give the same awesome benefits although they give free landmark benefit. Also check the two special buttons at the bottom for custom and unlimited selections, not all are under the basic selection. Probably a problem with the Community Mod not doing that function the XL UIM does to show BP buildings in the Buildings section. Or they're just hidden and need to be unlocked.

Thanks for confirming my guess that it wasn't this mod but accessing a blueprint building that makes those building filter buttons disappear. I wanted to make sure it wasn't the mod causing that problem.

I'm playing around with some XL Civic Services mods by Rene that partly work in XXL. I still need to do a really good video on that group and show what works and what doesn't.

I recently discovered the joys of never building random buildings, I always choose specific buildings to build so they are specifically replaced. Especially important for heavy industry and manufacturing. I now build specific Green industry buildings so they'll be specifically replaced by the same Green industry building. I wasted a lot of time deleting and rebuilding green versions of industries that were randomly placed and replaced with no-Green versions. Now I no longer waste any time on industry building replacement of dirty industry buildings with Green versions. I've logged over 750 hours on XXL, I never knew about XL before getting XXL. I'm on my 4th city. I built one of my early cities up to 11 million.

I do a YouTube series of XXL videos where I love to show off mods and share tips I've learned while playing the game. Currently I have at least 259 mods installed and running. I show the problems about higher population cities and city services, like in my 11 million population Paris city. I had a serious fire satisfaction problem but was pointed to an interesting XL cheat mod that gives us the Paradigm building that gives basic civic service satisfaction which helped that problem well enough. Here's the link to my latest video, you may find some of my episodes most informative about mods that work and how:

kipate and KevinTheCynic like this.
  9. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Yeah I know what you mean about the cheat menu, custom content button etc. etc. They've been the only way I could test some mods to see if they work in XXL :LOL:
    But on a serious note, it's good to know that Nelson's Column is in the game, it just doesn't seem to be in my game at the moment :mad:
    I remembered the population needs to be X to unlock various buildings but your info about the town hall/city hall is really helpful, I didn't think the relationship between the halls and the blueprints was so important :eek:
    I think I'll have to try another unlocker to see if that makes the Column show up.

I believe you're correct about XXL/Community Mod versus XL/UIM, the UIM had some extra functions that the Community Mod does not appear to replicate. For example, either XXL or its Community Mod places a lot Decoration mods into the Tree or Area tabs that under XL/UIM were placed under a fifth tab in the Deco menu.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  10. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

KevinTheCynic,
    I actually made sure to look for Nelson's Column and found it wasn't as easy to find as I would have thought. Only after I unlocked all buildings did I find it and then at first only when I went into the Decoration button without going to Landmark. It's near the end of my list. There is a Victory Column and a different Nelson's Column. Only after I found it there did I then find it in Landmarks. So if at first you don't see it under Landmarks try Decorations only. That was in my new city with 1.8 million in population.

I wish the Community Mod had the Entertainment section button. I'm using the Civic Services mod by Rene from XL, as well as the two other mods that are listed as requirements. Some of the stuff works but some don't and there are no Entertainment buildings. Now that Altiris has done some nice improvements to the Community Mod perhaps he'll do more and bring more UIM capabilities to the CM.

11. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Ah ha! Thanks for the information, I'm loading XXL as I type this so I can check for the Column. I'm thinking though that I might be restricted due to low population, even my test city is low in citizens (only 50,000) so I might just have to wait for a while.
    I've actually removed any unlocker mods I was using so that may factor into it as well.

And... I've found it after following your directions (after using Unlock All Buildings in the Cheat menu). So thank you very much for taking the time to look for the Column and for posting the info here, with this info now I actually know that I haven't messed up something or had a conflict with other mods! :) (y)

OmniusPrime likes this.
  12. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

KevinTheCynic,
    Thanks for inspiring me to give this unlocker mod a try. It does work well and the filter button problem is no different than before, it was always there when accessing Blueprint buildings. I like seeing new stuff like the big ships and shipyard.

13. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

royb 98,
    I did a nice tribute to your Unlocker Light 1.2 mod in my latest video. I showed off a few of the buildings unlocked as well as tell of a few I'll do in a future city. I'm sure I'll be showing off many more unlocked buildings in future videos.

royb 98 likes this.
  14. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

royb98,
    Is the building on the right in the top picture the Tokyo Mori Tower 2? Did you notice it's stunning tax income? Over 21,000 C monthly at the minimum 10% tax rate. It's the second most profitable building in the game, plus it puts out about 25 office tokens for even more trade income. It's truly amazing and you should point that out in your overview! (y)

15. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

royb98,
    Here's my latest video and I show off the Tokyo Mori building (Tall Moder Tower) as well as the Cocoon Tower in this video showing the awesome tax income from these two beautiful buildings. Truly hidden gems of the game that this Unlocker Light 1.2 mod unlocked for us.