1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Updates/Patches for XXL and XL Platinum

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by MarSch, Nov 26, 2020.

1. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

Hi guys,

I'm new here and read the links that was send to me right after registration but...

Where can I find active download links to regular Updates/Patches for XXL and for XL Platinum?

I mean patches original from Focus Home Interactive to make their mistakes disappear...

Cheers
    Markus

2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hi,

As part of a purchase of the game on the STEAM platform,
    For XXL, the updates (4 in number) are done automatically on STEAM,

In the context of the box game, I have no idea!

Below is the link to the 4 updates made in 2015 by FOCUS
    Communauté Steam :: Cities XXL (steamcommunity.com)

On the other hand, what are the problems that you encounter with the game?

3. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

Hello! :)

Both games are purchased on disc...

Your link to the xxl updates show only what they do, there are no download links...

Mistakes for example are on XL Plat, there are houses with "no road connection" or the "special buildings" among "office", "industry" an so on are not showing up every now and then, here is a note I found:

PATCH NOTES 2.0.4.954

- Fix the presence of Technical services concerning maps without the associated ressources:
    Krakatoa, Hollywood, Kong Kong, New York, The Green Hills, The Grassy Canyons, The Eroded Coast, The Cliffs, Cayman Islands.
    - Fix the disappearance of the button "Toogle individual buildings/zoning".
    - Fix of the differences between the actual cost and the displayed one of all buildings.
    - Fix issues on the color of the status indicators for Industry and Commerce buildings.
    - Fix a font problem.
    - Fixed incorrect display when filtering the maps.
    - Increase of the display size of the interface.

Bug Fix Pack from Soltan Gris (XLNation.net) included:

- Fix the Water Special Office not showing up.
    - Fix an hotel road connection.
    - Fix the residences.
    - Fix an issue on the monthly cost of the "Large uptown avenue" on the american set.
    - Fix small mistakes.

4. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

For Cities XL Platinium, I unfortunately cannot give you an answer on the possible updates. (I do not have this version of the game in my possession.) I have the 2011, 2012, and XXL versions

For Cities XXL, if you have an account on the STEAM platform, you can register your game and therefore benefit from the four existing automatic updates.

I leave it to you to look for tutorials to allow you to install STEAM, and then "activate your game on steam" with the game key.

Today this game no longer receives updates from FOCUS.

If you can't register your game in STEAM,
    So I only see one and last solution and that is to write to FOCUS customer service to ask them for the latest updates.

However, I am not sure that the four updates solve the problems and bugs you encounter.

Then, I invite you to drop the Platinium version, which is older than Cities XXL.
    This latest version has fewer bugs

If I had any links for updates, I would not fail to forward them to you.

5. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

OK, thanks for all your help. :)

I send an email to Home Focus Interactive as I'd like to be able to play the game offline...
    In case I need to switch to Steam (online gaming) I took the chance to buy XL Plat and XXL for together 5,48 Euros as they are on sale right now...

What's the biggest + and - between 2012 and XXL in your opinion?

XL Plat ist like 2012 + 50 new buildings.
    + would be: I heard that XXL has even more buildings?
    - would be: I can not use the UserInterface Mod 1.79.9 of XLnation on XXL. Is the Community Patch the same? Did you use both on XL 2012 and XXL? Can you tell me more about it?

Anything else to mention?

Cheers
    Markus

6. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

One questions that came to my mind...

Can I play those games (Xl 2012 and XXL) offline even when I bought it at Steam?

7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

You can play most games on Steam offline as long as they don't need online connection like multiplayers do.

Also check out the price for XXL on Steam. It's really cheap. It shows $4.17 NZD for me.
    You might be better off just buying a copy through Steam for that price. Then you will get all the updates.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  8. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

The two biggest advantages of Cities XXL compared to Cities XL 2012 or Platinium, are mainly:
    -1 / The end of the memory leak,
    (This memory leak, caused a big slowdown after an hour of play,.)
    -2 / Multi-core support by the game.

For the rest, I invite you to watch this video which objectively reflects my opinion on this subject.
    Cities XXL review - benchmark, improvements and features - YouTube

Before talking about the community patch for XXL I would like to draw your attention to how to play this game.

For my part, I played it in two ways:
    1 / at the beginning I started by playing this game without any mods.
    In this way I was able to fully experience the strategic side of the game as it was thought by its creators.

Regarding the "strategic side" of the game, there is an excellent guide made by BIRK LE GLAIRE.
    I invite you to read it. it's a guide in french, but you can have it translated by google translate.
    Communauté Steam :: Guide :: CXXL. Jeu de gestion stratégique. Guide. (steamcommunity.com)

2 / Today, I play only for the pleasure of the eyes! Indeed, all the cities that I currently realize have for only objective to be "realistic" visually. the strategic side no longer interests me.

However, the latter contains the essentials to allow you to play with most of the mods on the XL NATION site.

However, be aware that all these mods do not necessarily include all the technical characteristics of the game.
    This is the reason why I invite you to download them one by one.
    This will allow you to make your own experience.

IF you choose to play with mods on Cities XXL,
    Here are the essential Mods to download first:

Cities XXL Community Patch (xlnation.city)
    Tags.cfg for XXL (xlnation.city)
    Dependency - XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack | XLNation - Cities XXL
    Vehicle pack (xlnation.city)

General - Fix for old mods shader crash errors (XXL) | XLNation - Cities XXL
    Dependency - Z_Pharmist_TreeBug_Fix_v1.00 | XLNation - Cities XXL

Then for the other mods I invite you to read the descriptions and the possible dependencies!

And to finish and confirm Skullz613 answer,
    Yes you can play the STEAM game without being logged in!

Well, it remains for me to wish you a good game,

9. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

Hi guys,

thank you so much for all the information and patience with me. :)

That's quite a good review videos!

I bought both games for together 5,48 Euros on Steam and will try them out now that I know I can play offline, import my already build cities in both of them and that I can use nearly all mods in the future what I didn't do by now.

One last question please. Is there a mod for both, XL and XXL, to have all buildings from the beginning? In some cases I don't want to wait to have a bigger power plant, bigger houses (high densitiy) or so until my civilisation is about a certain level, if I have the money I want to buy it straight away...
    I somewhere heard/read about such a mod... If I use the "ingame" option of "all buildings" it's not working like that, I guess it's just about all house in building areas, not all special buildings, right?

Cheers
    Markus

10. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I'm not sure I understood your question.
    However, to unlock all the buildings during a game without any mods,
    Open the main menu,
    then open the tool menu, then click on option, miscellaneous tab, check the expert mode box.
    20201129204113_1.jpg
    You should have the majority of the buildings unlocked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Below, with the community patch, during part of the game
    Open the main menu,
    then open the tool menu, then click on cheat, then on "total unlocking of buildings".

You should have all the buildings available.

11. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

Hi,

after playing XL Plat and XXL on Steam for a few days I have to say, you were totally right, XXL is the best way to go. So for the future it's only XXL I will have questions about... ;)

I found out that you are the creator of many mods, so it's a pleasure to talk you even more now... :)

What I meant with the question about unlocking buildings..., when I use the first version of unlocking buildings you mentioned there might be all buildings available in for example "low density" of unskilled but I mean all leasure, police and so on buildings, even high density offices from the beginning on... Is there a way to do so?

I have more questions you might help with I hope:

20201201_212642.jpg

Everytime I want to start XXL, different to XL Plat and Skylines, Windows popps up and tells me XXL wants to install something and asks me YES or NO, when I say YES there is a Steam box popping up for a sec (that one above) saying "first installation ... 1 of 3" then the game starts but its the same everytime I start XXL... Seams the installation doesn't come to an end.

What does Steam wants to install? The Patches for the game? And why does it not happen?

About your mod, why is the text that cryptic, it's the same in the leisure menu...

Leisure bug.jpg

Thanks for you help!

12. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

Ah! I forgot something!

Is it important which " dependency furniturepack" I have installed?

I have the one from XLnation which is: dependency furniturepack v1.7
    Steam offers only: dependency furniturepack v1.5

Some mods I have installed from the Steam workshop for XXL don't work, might that be the reason?

It's for example the "warehouse mod"...

13. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

14. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

To my knowledge, there is no other solution than the ones I told you about in my last post.

I think this is linked, among other things, to the automatic saving of Cities XXL. This is the reason why it asks you if you allow the application to make changes on your computer. Indeed, each time you play Cities XXL, it generates a text file that it saves on your computer:
    Code:
     C: \ Users \ computername \ AppData \ Local \ focus home interactive \ Cities XXL \ log
    It generates other files, notably "Shadercache" files
    Code:
    C: \ Users \ computername \ AppData \ Local \ focus home interactive \ Cities XXL \ live \ shadercache
    And a whole bunch of other files for running the game.
    That being said, this is true for many other games, and especially since the arrival of Windows 10.

This Handball field mod, is one of my first mods. It works perfectly. However, as you point out, the localization file is missing. (the localization file is a text file) Nothing really serious. You can use it like that. That being said today and for several years all the mods that I make are in perfect working order. (localization file included)

You only need one version. preferably the latest version 1.7 I therefore invite you to unsubscribe from the STEAM version, which has not been updated.

15. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

Hi!

1. I tried the second version of unlocking all buildings, that's it! Thanks! :)

2. Regarding XXL saving files at startup:
    XL Plat and Skylines doesn't do that. And I'm still running Win 8.1. Can I tell Windows not to ask anymore for this game? When I lower the safty when Win asks it's for all Apss, isn't it?

3. So if the furniture pack is fine why don't the sailboads and other mods from steam doesn't show up? I sometimes read something about a "tree fix" or so, didn't find it so far, is that one important?

4. I tried the NEXL Bicycle mod, I can update the streets but there are no bicycles... Is there anything I can do?

5. Can I (someone who never had to do with creating mods) change the Gold's Gym" mod the way I think is more realistic? I my opinion the Gym should work out that way:

Brings laisure to the city (which it already does)
    Pays taxes instead of costs to the city money (because Gym are companies which pay taxes)

Can I go into the mod with the tool you make mods and change it from instead of costs 5000,- to taxes 500,- or so?

Cheers
    Markus

16. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

6. There are so many things that doesn't work well... Do you have any idea why those parts don't snap? They have a bit space inbetween and when I get closer they overlay a bit...

Parking 01.jpg [​IMG]

17. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I can't help you on this issue! I do not have the answer

I don't know what are you talking about, What do you mean by "the sailboats" and other mods do you mean. That said, the "XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack 1.7" mod is essential for the proper functioning of your game. Indeed it contains furniture. As you can see in the following picture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How does it work: Modders use this "furniture library" to enhance their mods. For example on this building made by "gbojanic" the latter used some furniture to decorate his building. Notably this table with a red parasol.
    upload_2020-12-9_21-48-50.png

This allowed him to make his building even more realistic!
    [​IMG]

The bike tracks of the mod, "XXL NEXL Bicycle Roads 1.4" work perfectly. To do this you have to make several cycle routes, to see cyclists use them, from their homes to their work. Residents of your city will use these cycle paths as a means of transportation between their home and work.

Anything is possible if you are motivated and persevering. But it will take time and patience. If you want to start changing the game, this is where it happens.
    Modding | XLNation - Cities XXL

Go to work!:p

You must first plot your route and then place your parking lots
    I invite you to watch this video!

Here I hope I answered all your questions!:ROFLMAO::p

18. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just want to mention here that I advise not using any of the mods on steam workshop unless they are the latest version. I think most of us stopped using it for posting mods.
    I added a few of my maps but still get questions on steam on how they don't show up ingame or the game crashes because new players do not follow my instructions regarding the community mod needs to be installed first.
    So much easier having everything here on one site.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  19. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

Hi,

and a VERY BIG THANK YOU! for all explanations made! :)

Yes indeed! The Steam mods are that ones not showing up in the game menu. I used the "Sailboads Ploppables" from XLnation and they do work compared to the Steam mod...

Why do "Residential Building" mods make the game stutter but single Hotels, laisure buildings, farms and so one are fine? I had to let residential building mods go because my pc couldn't deal with 20 of them close to each other.

I really like all that handy stuff like "smooth roads", "bridge default from ground", "wheel turning", decorations like "ploppable trees", „Farm Roads“, „Pedestrian Paths“, Gym, Silo, Bicyclw Roads, Bus lanes and maps with resources everwhere and that's not making the game slower/stutter...

I have some more question please...

---

About „Freight“ and „Passenger Service“:

In the middle of the map freight and passenger service are quiet low or vanished. When I use airports, the region will be polluted and corn fileds want grow and residents don't want to life there. How else can I improve freight and passenger service?

---

Trade with Omnicorp

Do you also have bugs when trading with Omnicorp? It sometimes adds up my money/tokens even when buying food from Omnicorb.

---

I do understand the „Tree bug fix“ shall replace standard trees of the game with others to produce a bigger variety of trees. Where do these other trees come from? The mods you made? I installed two tree mods and have many trees available but I can't see any change in XXL behaviour. Still all trees are the same. Where should I see the changes the Tree Buf Fix makes?

---

I really would like to use the „lex's water walking„ from Steam to make selfmade lakes but even if there a pics as manual on the side I don't get it, can someone explain it different then the pics do? Or is there a different mod I can make realistic lakes with?

Thanks again for all your help!!! :)

Cheers
    Markus

20. MarSch

MarSch Unskilled Worker

Regarding "chaging the Gold's gym mod":

I unpacked the mod with "PakUnpak".

In data/design/buildings/...class I found an entry for monthly costs but that was just for the in-game menu, I could change 5000 to 5 and it worked out fine after packing it again. But the game still substracts 5000 monthly---

Where is the real in-game costs to find?