1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrades

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Lokentaz, Nov 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Hi mates!

Do you have details about upgrades working?

I know how to add them, no problem with that, but when my test mod is in the game my own upgrades are mixed with the upgrades from other mods. This is really annoying because the "intruding" upgrades give an impression of anarchy and, above all, take up useful places.

In brief, I'd like to display only my upgrades in my mods. Is it possible to fix that with a kind of tag?

2. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

No answer land. This question looks like a poser.

3. kipate

kipate Governor

Lokentaz likes this.
  4. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

It seems to me that you could use the same code that is used for industrial buildings
    I seem to have seen, in the .class file, a code allowing an update of the building.
    (at the bottom of the .class file)

upload_2018-11-13_20-59-23.png

Lokentaz and kipate like this.
  5. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Thanks for the answer Drazic!
    To allowing the update of a building, we have to add BuildingUpgrade and UP_1 (or UP_2... till UP_30) in the tag line.
    Do you talk about that or about another code?

6. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

@Drazicdesign, I've found what you talk about in the class of the buiding (b_ind_pp03_t3.class). I see this code for the first time .

Capture.PNG

EDIT: I also found this code at the beginning of the upgraded building's class file (b_ind_pp03_t3_upgrade.class).

Capture2.PNG

It looks like an Id code. Maybe this allowing buildings upgrades in another way than using the tag line. I don't know if there is a list of this codes somewhere or if it's possible to create them we need to.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  7. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Upgrades are a pain in the ass! The game displays upgrades (mix of original game buildings and other mods buildings) in my K&B house mod even though there is no upgrade codification in the class files of this mod.

Attached Files:

8. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Yes, it is indeed this code.
    For cons, I do not know how it works,
    And unfortunately, currently my life allows me not to be able to help you more on this subject.
    I hope to be able to help you very soon as soon as I have found a situation a little more stable.

Lokentaz likes this.
  9. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

No problem, mate. I hope everything will be fine for you.

10. kipate

kipate Governor

Is this the same for all buildings, or just for mods? Also, maybe it is due to the mod being a non-standard building?
    What happens for the in-game buildings? Do they block such upgrades?

11. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

It's a good question. I have in mind a T1 or a T2 in-game factory which display both kinds of upgrades but I'm not sure. It could be the sheet metal factory. I'll verify that this evening. Maybe in T1 or T2 residences also.

12. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

I confirm. Here is a T2 in-game residence with custom upgrades. :whatever:

capture.png

Myname likes this.
  13. kipate

kipate Governor

That's kind of annoying -.-

14. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Indeed. I'll keep searching if it is possible to compartmentalize the upgrades but I'm not sure that the creators of the game thought about it.

kipate likes this.
  15. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

I tried this way by creating a code that I inserted in each class file of my test mod. It didn't work. So, either there is a format to respect or there is a list somewhere. Maybe even both. They aren't in the tags.cfg file.

kipate likes this.