1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xl User Interface Mod 1.79.9

XL Nation User Interface Mod, adding a lot of extra menu items

1. wreckthisplace

wreckthisplace Vagabond

I'm having a hard time understanding why you're being not so nice, either. I honestly didn't expect such replies on this forum. I was hoping for something a little more friendly, as my original post was simply looking for some clarity, and I thought I gave enough detail to explain why it is I am confused and why I simply want to make sure I get it right before moving on. I replied to nicko2u the way I did because his reply very much came off as accusing me of not reading instructions, which I have, hence my question and confusion.

I will try to explain that confusion again in reply to your post.

I installed the game from disc. Not from Steam. The folder C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL Platinum does not exist.
    As I said in my original post, I opted to install the game to my desktop in order to know exactly where it put things. I did this because it was suggested a few times in other forums. So the game and it's executable file resides in C:\Users\****\Desktop\Cities XL Platinum.

After running the game for the first time, it created this path: C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012, but nowhere in the instructions or other posts does it say to install it there, so I assume that's not the right spot.

The question is simply, do I have to point the UIM installer to the Cities XL Platinum installation directory (which would be the one installed to my desktop, as mentioned) or some other directory the installation may have placed somewhere else?

Assuming I indeed have to install it to the folder on my desktop, which is the Cities XL Platinum installation path where I would run the game from, and all is well, how would I go about dealing with any mods that crash the game on startup due to a 'tags' issue?

Thanks, and again, if someone replies to me in a rude way when I am simply reaching out help, I will defend myself and reciprocate that attitude in my reply. No hard feelings. All is good. :)

2. Altiris

Altiris Governor

@wreckthisplace.

pretty much the answer is yes...

If you installed the game to "C:\Users\****\Desktop\Cities XL Platinum", then you should also install UIM to "C:\Users\****\Desktop\Cities XL Platinum".

If you get crashes relating to tags then UIM is not installed correctly.. after UIM is installed you will see the tags.cfg file under "C:\Users\****\Desktop\Cities XL Platinum\data\config".

3. wreckthisplace

wreckthisplace Vagabond

Awesome.

I will try this shortly and report back if I have any issues. Installing it there was my suspicion, just wanted to confirm 100% before I moved ahead.

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

4. Kevin Cole

Kevin Cole Vagabond

when i download and try to run the install file it give me a screen error 1325 "steam apps" is not a valid short file name, then says instillation ended permanently because of an error. it never gives me an option to choose where my game is.

5. Leander Noetzel

Leander Noetzel Vagabond

i got pretty much the same issue than kevin cole... when running the .exe it says: Error 1327. Invalid Drive: F:/
    the thing is that i dont got any harddrive relatet to the letter F. Its C.
    And in general: I got cities xl platinum from CD with the latest updates for every programm/driver that matters. Cities xl isnt running at all, even when no mods are in the PAKS folder.
    I get to the menue and can see the planet, but when it tries to load the map i got an appcrash...
    When mods are applied in the PAKS folder the game doesn´t start at all.
    please can anyone from you help me? I read every website about an appcrash on cites xl and every Focus Home Interactive helping thread. Nothing works....

a year ago cities xl 2012 was installed on my pc and was working perfectly. Unfortunately one of my harddrives, the second one, died at this time with cities xl 2012 installed on it. Maybe this is important....

Hopefully greets from germany

6. sisko

sisko Vagabond

why is there no train tracks anymore after installing this mod.

7. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

look under transport - Metro

8. sisko

sisko Vagabond

nothing is there,
    the subway is under a "public transportation" button but just subway

9. gABE

gABE Unskilled Worker

i've got a problem: the resource mode stops to work when i save the game then i open it. all the resource in the map is resetted as default as i didn't never pressed the buttom of the resource mode before i created my city :c
    can someone please help me? i hope i explained my problem as well,scuse for my poor english ^-^

10. Trolca

Trolca Executive

I think I have the answer.

On the planet screen before you select a city, in the upper left corner under the XL button there should be a All-Map Resources button that should be yellow. If it's not yellow click on it.

11. gABE

gABE Unskilled Worker

i did it but still doesn't work when i open my city. it only works for a while when i create a new city. anyway thanks you :)

12. hron84

hron84 Vagabond

Hi! In the video, i saw it expands resources to the whole map. Can I disable this feature somehow? I want to use these new categorized buttons and also I want to try some buildings requiring this mod but I don't want to be cheaty...

13. Mikimax

Mikimax Vagabond

Hey guys. Has anyone managed to run this mod on CXXL?
    My game break down when i install it.

14. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

thats because this mod is NOT for cxxl
    For CXXL use the Community Mod by Altiris, you can find it in CXXL-Section of the XLEX ;)

15. szyymcio

szyymcio Vagabond

Hi guys, I have a problem with UIM causing crash of the game (Cities XL Platinum). I've been using it in the past and it all worked perfectly with mods etc. but for some reason, for a week the game crashes every time. I manage to load the game, create a city, play in the city for around 30 seconds and then it crashes (Windows say an unexpected error occurred). I'm positive its the UIM causing the crash because I reinstalled the game and if I don't have UIM installed, the game runs perfectly. What could be the solution to this? I have a disc copy of Cities XL and it's installed into D:/Cities XL Platinum folder. This is also where I install UIM.

16. kipate

kipate Governor

Correclation does not equal causation!
    There could be other reasons, maybe you forgot something when installing UIM.
    And don't be offended, I myself once got a crash when I reinstalled UIM, I simply
    put it into the wrong folder...

17. szyymcio

szyymcio Vagabond

Well, it would quite inprobable for it to be caused by something else given the evidence ;) But I am open to new ideas: what could I forgot when installing UIM? Because I'm pretty sure I install it in the right folder (i.e. the main folder of the game, not the Paks folder). Besides, when in game, I see UIM's menu instead of the standard one, it just crashes after 30 seconds...

18. kipate

kipate Governor

Got any log files to share with us?

19. szyymcio

szyymcio Vagabond

Of course I could share some but I have no idea how to obtain them. Could you help me finding them?

20. kipate

kipate Governor