1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

XLNation mods - credits, copyright, plagiarism

Discussion in 'XLNation Site Questions, Problems and Suggestions' started by Cruchot, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Cruchot

Cruchot Unskilled Worker

Hello, I don't like being a snitch, but I also don't like other people taking credit for someone else's work. I don't know how copyright works in the modding community, but I think some people should know, that their work is being used elsewhere without proper credit being given.

There's a user on Steam uploading, what looks like converted buildings from the XL games and some mods from this site, on the Transport Fever 2 workshop. I compared the buildings and they're identical including all the details and textures. The latest being a pack of buildings from Paris made by aitortilla01. I talked to whoever uploaded it and from their response, it seems they claim to make all the models and textures on their own and that they only look at photos and models, but to me it just looks like a conversion.
    The conversation is now deleted by the uploader for seemingly no reason other than not to get called out I guess. I only pointed out the buildings being indentical and no credits given anywhere on the workshop page.

I can't post any links here yet (this is my first post), but if you go to the Transport Fever 2 workshop page, you'll find it. The Paris pack should still be on the front page. There are also some monuments, Florence package, Amsterdam pack and few more.

If there happens to be no issue with this, then this thread can be deleted.

Drazicdesign and Mr.X² like this.
  2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello,

First of all, thank you for sharing this information with us.

Indeed, like you, I noticed the sharing of these mods on STEAM on the game TRANSPORT FEVER 2.

I found my Firenze village mod pack.
    Steam Workshop::Bella Italia pack

Indeed, the author of the share on TPF2 did not ask me for permission.

1 / I would have appreciated if he asked me for permission to share it on TPF2.
    2 / I would have appreciated if he credits me with copyright on this mod.

3 / I will obviously have agreed to share this mod with him if he had gone through steps 1 and 2 mentioned just above.

Drazicdesign,

@Cruchot Thank you.

3. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I got in touch on STEAM with this person "Lmgordocano:" who apologized and added a link to the original mod and named me as the original mod author in the description.

The subject is closed for me.

4. Cruchot

Cruchot Unskilled Worker

I noticed they updated descriptions in few other mods as well. I'm glad this got sorted out, without even deleting the mods, so other people can still be enjoying them.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  5. Georg Siebenbrodt

I'm playingTransport Fever 2 too and its sad that was deleted the mod Bella Italia pack in Steam Workshop for TPF2. Drazicdesign, you have any possibility to put your great artwork back in Steam für TPF2? This would be realy great and nice :)