1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xsquared's Big Bridge Pack 1.13

A big bridge pack of three smaller bridge-packs and one new beta bridge - adds 25 new bridges to CXL

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

2. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Hey X², the bridges look really neat in-game. However, they appear in wrong order in the menu for me.

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Jep they do, but i dont know how to change menu order....
    if someone tells me ill change this :)

4. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

I think I once read they the order is according to the price - as far as I remember, it was aitortilla commenting on the pricing of buildings, which he had put really low so that they would appear at the beggining. But not sure...

5. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

One more thing - the 45m highway bridge can be upgraded to an RHM 3-lane bridge. Since it is the same with the original highway bridge and PJC's one too, I guess that is just something that happens automatically, right?
    ... I just wish we could upgrade other bridges (with appropriate width) to RHM as well. That would be so cool :whistle:

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

thats because rhm bridge is in wrong altgroup ;) (i guess) so hmm.. if so, that could be adjusted...

7. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

No idea what you just wrote o_O but, if you think so - and other bridges could be made upgradeable to RHM - the RHM would be one step closer to perfection :rolleyes:

8. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

i could try this out tomorrow... but if its true i wouldnt be able to share on xlex... :p but ill take a look

9. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

One more thing - I noticed weird shadowing on the 50-m Tied-Arch Bridge. The same thing, but less noticable happens with some other bridges (e.g. PJC's highway bridge), but doesn't happen with your 50-m Stone Bridge. Not a big deal, just caught my attention, and I thought you might wanna know about it ;)

MHJzJhp.jpg

10. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

weird indeed o_O
    havent seen this anywhere before and i did a lot of testing... also beta testers did not report sth like this, so i guess its only for you :p
    well, yeah, no idea whats causing it :(

11. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi there Mr.X2. These bridges look amazing.
    Could you please tell us which files will the exe change, so that we can make a back up?

I imagine it will only change the tag file, but can you please confirm.
    Also, just to be sure, if this exe replaces tags file, i wonder if PJC custom ones (which are not included in last UIM) are also in yours. Meaning will PJC's esplanade roads and harbours still work?

This pack seems amazing but i would just like to make sure i can revert back to last working point in case anything goes wrong.

12. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

the exe files updates the tags.cfg in data/config and adds the three bridgepack .patch files to paks/mods/mrx2 bigbridgepack
    jep, pjcs tags are included (or i missed sth big :D ) no, srsly, it should work fine

13. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Mr.X² updated Xsquared's Big Bridge Pack with a new update entry:

compatibility with cxxl with community mod 1.9

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. tdbaria

tdbaria Skilled Worker

hi mrx2,

below is an update for my prev. claim:

the error started when i changed the community mod from 1.8 to 1.9. at the same time i also used your mod. my game loads, but when i started to open a map/ city, my game crashes. i thought it's your patch that caused it. when i removed your mod, and restarted the game, same as usual, the game starts, but when i opened a map and loaded a sample city, it crashes. so what i did was delete the city i'm testing. I tried one more time, it crashes again. below is the log:

[21:27:44] GRAPH3D EffectFactory.cpp ( 126) Error D3DCompile has failed. File : <Data/Shader/#road.fx> Error : <IncHighlight.fx(9,31): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(261,56): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(268,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(275,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(318,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(375,67): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(376,67): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(405,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(453,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(540,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(573,19): error X3018: invalid subscript 'w' > Press OK to Retry.

i'm thinking of possible mod conflict. it might be the community mod v1.9 that causes the crash, and not your mod. i'll refer it to altiris.

if you have inputs/ ideas about this, please do share.

thanks.

15. tdbaria

tdbaria Skilled Worker

i reverted to community v1.8 and my XXL runs smoothly again. already raised it with altiris, i am awaiting for his response.

16. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

jep thats a shader problem caused by community mod. since it runs smooth for me and others it might be a broken download-file or sth.
    anyway, good you reported it to altiris :)

17. marros

marros Unskilled Worker

al instalar estos archivos están bloqueando mi juego, tengo la última interfaz y última UIM, a continuación, quitar el archivo y el juego no se bloquea, he estado buscando en los comentarios, pero no entiendo que este fallo no está presente

18. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

well, like said in pm, i dont speak spanish :p

19. marros

marros Unskilled Worker

ya solucione El Problema, no habia actualizado etiquetas ARCHIVO EL. Ahora ya lo estoy y muy Usando esta bueno tu Trabajo

20. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

sorry i didnt learn spanish in meanwhile :p

Pepino likes this.