1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL XXL Not working (mods missing message)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Monty, Sep 16, 2015.

1. ronrn

ronrn Governor

I was just going to point out that if the names of those unauthorized andyoftexas mods from steam had been changed from their author's original names, then replacing them with the original mods from here may not help.

2. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Right? Do the names have an effect on cities' loading? But in fact, many mods from nicko2u are called 'n2u' in workshop when the same one be called 'nicko' in XLnation !

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Yes, I would think the game searches for exact mod names when loading a city. You can change a mod name to the name (if you remember the exact name) it was when you built the city. Save copies of the originals so you don't have to download them again. Optional: bulldoze the corresponding buildings/close the game and then replace those mods with originals, providing that you manage to get the city to load of course.

4. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

I have tried changing Mod name,it is proved that changing name can't affect the city's loading.....

5. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

You can change .patch file names to any name you want, while you can't change names of files inside .patch, game will look for them and won't find it.

Of course you can edit file names there, but then you will need to change names in .class file

6. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

This TXT is my log.

Attached Files:

7. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

As I mentioned before , .patch files can be renamed to anything. The game in your log tries to find .class and .layout files. You either have removed patch files together with those class and layout files or some another problem. Only changing the name of .patch file wont have any effect on game loading at all. Because .patch file type is similar to rar or zip archives

8. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Could you help me to find the Mods lost from this log?Thanks a lot.

9. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Warning! These Mods CAN'T be found in Xlnation!

XXL_Altiris_Environment_AltParks_T4_v1.0.patch
    RHMarrow.patch

Attached Files:

10. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Drazicdesign likes this.
  11. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

12. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I'm having the problem too. Here's my log:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

13. Monty

Monty Governor

It looks like there are missing files from the Community Patch. try downloading it from this site.

14. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I just tried it again, and now the game is crashing at launch without the same "mods missing" message appearing.

Register or to view Spoiler content!

15. Monty

Monty Governor

16. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I unsubscribed to all mods and the problem still persists. I only have the furniture dependency pack, the community mod (from XLN), and the Pharmist tree bug fix (from XLN), installed.

17. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Do you have any other advice?

18. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

I have solved this problem! You can find which content(mods) missed in 'workshop': Please look at it in #21 !

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  19. Tripp

Tripp Vagabond

The file that appears to be corrupt or has missing parts, seems to be the terraforming tool, located under
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\313010 (file 38434110). now is there a way to get the game without mods attached, or extra patches in the (Paks/mods folder) I have never done mods, until now, had to remove some patches, I guess some need a prerequisite. So again How do I get the original file's, the game was bought through steam.

20. ewood14

ewood14 Vagabond

Where do I save the dependency files?