1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Cities- Post Some Photos Here!

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by kipate, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Oh thank you :angel::D I will try... :LOL:

Drazicdesign likes this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

"WIP" :p Almost finished, I would say (y)
    I love your work on the train station and the railyard :xllove: It looks like taken directly from a real place, you have put an insane amount of effort into this, and the result shows!
    And I'm to take a closer look at the hills and the industrial areas as well :) Keep it UP!

Drazicdesign and Kitsunebi like this.
  3. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, I got the idea when I was showering, so maybe this explains the form :LOL:

Drazicdesign and Kitsunebi like this.
  4. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

:whistle::ROFLMAO:

And thank you! I'm glad you like it... here is a little closer look at the railyards adjacent to the main railway station: the different levels were quiet difficult to create...
    cxl_screenshot_kawashima_26.jpg

cxl_screenshot_kawashima_27.jpg

I tried to have a good working rail network throughout the city and a major railway station sqeezed in... the tracks on ground level in the foreground and the long bridge in the first picture are part of a fright bypass of the passenger station.

Attached Files:

Inan, kipate and Drazicdesign like this.
  5. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I love the work you did on the first image, with the layout of the tracks. I particularly like the long bridge which crosses all the railways,(y)

The earth-colored "plaza" around the railroad tracks is not too bad, even if I find it too uniform, it would take a plaza that mixes the texture of earth, with some grassy part, and a majority of basalt pebbles to be matched with the basalt of the railroad.

If you wish, I can try to make one or two plaza in this direction!:rolleyes:

For example:
    Could the texture of the plaza look something similar?
    upload_2021-11-25_22-15-30.png

When do you think?

Inan, kipate and Kitsunebi like this.
  6. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Thanks a lot for your offer :love: this kind of plaza would be useful for larger areas between the tracks. Maybe a bit more light grey gravel? :LOL:

[EDIT]: well usually gravel is brown from the rust and the brakes... only fresh gravel is light grey like the rail tracks I use... that's also why this doesn't fit too well :whistle:

Well I've been using this earth colored one for a long time, as there is no real alternative for me... it can be placed over water and snaps to other roads or plaza in just the right way... and there is no grey gravel plaza available that does the same :unsure: furthermore there are already sooo many mods in my game, that especially the plaza menu takes a long time to load :rolleyes:

Inan, Drazicdesign and kipate like this.
  7. Inan

Inan Governor

Earlier progress of my gambling city in the desert in Vegas style. I find it turns out really good regarding i was about to give up...
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

Drazicdesign and kipate like this.
  8. kipate

kipate Governor

Looks fantastic, @Inan! I love how you built the ferris wheel across the highway using no collision mods :xllove: wonderful (y) Furthermore, the Strip has a magnificent design; and then the Statue of Liberty right in the center, awesome!

What really bugs me, though, is the train station: First, of course, the height to which the rails rise so quickly is unrealistic, but well, nevermind that. But second, given the environment, it looks utterly misplaced -.- I mean, you took these boring 70s concrete Expo buildings and placed them right between all these shiny palaces, that's quite a difference :D

Inan likes this.
  9. Inan

Inan Governor

Thanks! Yes i like the wheel over the highway too, especially because it annoyed with the tunnel and the ramps. The strip looked boring at the beginning, but with time, lots of dedication and new ideas how to use certain buildings in the right way it looked better. Also, the city around took me a lot of time because i didn't know what to do... about the trainstation...i know, but i got no idea what other mods i could use...

10. kipate

kipate Governor

I would say, demolish that train station and place it somewhere else such that the railways do not directly interfere with these main axes of the city. I mean, right now, you can still do it, there seems to be enough space left. Also, given the American touch, there is no need for a train station close to the center :D

Inan likes this.
  11. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

That central avenue is really awesome! But I agree with kipate: the railway station is very weird o_O:LOL:

And here we have the famous statue of the loyal.. erm... lion :whistle: who has been waiting for his owner every day... well you know the story! :ROFLMAO:
    It's a popular meeting point right in front of Kawashima railway station.

Inan, kipate and Drazicdesign like this.
  12. Inan

Inan Governor

Very nice kitsunebi! How big you wanna get? The lag is a pain when I think of Osato...
    Keep us entertained and good luck!

Actually i wanna keep the trainstation, cause it brings thousands of tourists to the strip. Money money money.

Maybe fayeds construction mod. Or is there a nc version of that station and its gates?

Kitsunebi likes this.
  13. kipate

kipate Governor

Fantastic work, @Kitsunebi! I love the vibrant atmosphere of the city!

@Inan, what about a common monorail by Altiris? Mr. X² made it work for XL, not? Or a subway from there to the station? I mean, if I understand it correctly, most people arrive at Vegas by plane, and then they can travel on the Strip (which is outside of Las Vegas) either by some Resort monorail, or by the Las Vegas monorail, which runs along the Strip, but not on it. Of course, your city isn't Vegas, so it's just a suggestion :)

Inan and Kitsunebi like this.
  14. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Monorail, monorail, monorail...!!!

[​IMG]

kipate and Inan like this.
  15. Inan

Inan Governor

The area around is filled now, so the train has to stay. I just need a NC-Object that works as a roof, a kind of a plate or a surface, not to high...

By the way:
    Formular 1 Racing Circuit in the Varocama Desert

kipate, Kitsunebi and Drazicdesign like this.
  16. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Well there is this Civic - Ultimate Military Mod with 4 different buildings with a white roof... I use them as train station buildings sometimes ;)

And WOW! That is really great :eek::love::xllove:

17. kipate

kipate Governor

Excuses :p
    Maybe you could use the glasses of fayed's ultimate construction mod?
    Buildings - Ultimate Modular Construction Mod II | XLNation - Cities XXL

Also, I agree with Kits, splendid work on the F1 circuit (y)

Inan likes this.
  18. Inan

Inan Governor

I already used them, as you can see in the pic. I rebuilt it now by replacing the convention center with a kind of gateway. Also i added some more stuff to the circuit like a Go Kart Circuit beside.

Kitsunebi and kipate like this.
  19. Inan

Inan Governor

Desert Town is now finished... it was painful but i like the result. :)
    CJ - Desert Town

Kitsunebi and kipate like this.
  20. kipate

kipate Governor

Update :)
    gamescreen0126.jpg

Kitsunebi, Inan and Drazicdesign like this.