1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Your XL(N) Christmas Wishes

Discussion in 'XLN Watering Hole' started by kipate, Dec 6, 2016.

1. kipate

kipate Governor

so, what are your wishes for Christmas? Mod wishes? Anything else? ;)
    [​IMG]
    Some of my wishes:

1) the comeback of some of the old members, e.g. Ghulyen, facaden, snick, The_Funky_Monk, to mention some guys. I really miss them, they had always been supportive to other members on the old site and, briefly, on new XLN as well :cry: and I also hope that some members do not forget to visit us once in a while, e.g. @Mets, @Miguel, ...

2) some mod wishes:
    a) a Norwegian Stave Church
    b) the Harpa Concert Hall
    c) another missing pack ((rural) China, India, and especially a pack of subcentral American city district buildings)
    d) more medieval walls (seems like Mr. @PaulJChris is already working on it)
    e) damn, yeah, some more menu locations, @Altiris :b32:
    f) having some tramways where no people are running on the sideways, it can look quite unnatural when the tram is running through a more rural area and you have like a 100 people running on it.
    g) some more round things, but don't overkill it (5 image links in that line)
    h) some fancy skyscrapers
    i) more American Condominiums
    j) buildings for civic services, especially kindergartens and schools :)

Generally, @Alex24 converting his CSL mods

And what about your wishes for XL(N)?

2. Tim Scritchfield

Tim Scritchfield Skilled Worker

I second that request for more North American highrise condos!!!!!

Dr. Wang, Jotape and kipate like this.
  3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I'd like to see more 40x20 houses so there's more variety.
    I posted a picture earlier this year of some older W2W American houses (2 story/3 story) that I'd also like to see to create those lower class neighborhoods.
    Maybe some retirement style houses too. There are usually small and W2W. They are normally in a gated community styled area.

4. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

A Stave Church!!! :love: That would make my X-mas :D

1: I would like to see some south-east Asian Temples, like the ones in Thailand or Cambodia...
    2: a pack of buildings on Vienna's Ring Road https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_Ring_Road#Buildings or the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Stephen%27s_Cathedral,_Vienna or parts of the Hofburg Palace - Wikipedia
    3: Heaps of castles, cloisters, and palaces from all around the world... English mansions, palaces and ancient keeps (Blenheim Palace, Corfe Castle), Châteaux of the Loire Valley - Wikipedia, Austrian abbeys and monasteries (Melk Abbey - Wikipedia or Göttweig Abbey - Wikipedia ...), maybe the Potala Palace - Wikipedia and the Forbidden Palace in Beijing...
    4: the not (yet) realized Hong Kong Pack by @aitortilla :LOL:
    5: river maps for CXL :unsure:
    6: a Maori Marae http://www.wakamaori.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Takapuwahia-photos-1.jpg
    7: Kyoto buildings like the Kinkaku-ji - Wikipedia or Byōdō-in - Wikipedia
    8: ...and a working rai... forget it :ROFLMAO:

And of course I hope this community will stay and grow for a little while longer.. ;) HO-HO-HO :angel:

kipate, BahadirB and Jotape like this.
  5. kipate

kipate Governor

Yeah, damn it, you are right. And you are the new admin, modders should do anything you wish for :D
    On a side note, I think that a 10x30 base is quite a good measure for such subcentral w2w neighbourhoods. Like @giorgoselsedai did. But just 2 or 3 stories instead of 3-6 stories. Maybe he finds time for an update ;) :p

BahadirB and skullz613 like this.
  6. giorgoselsedai

giorgoselsedai Governor

My wishes for Christmas... I wish i had time to mod..!!! Thing is i forgot how to do it. And i have to start from the begining... install all necessary programs, learn all tutorials, search for textures... so frustrating... :(

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

i bet u can back into it quite quickly again ;)
    but yeah... time -.- wish i had some more as well

Drazicdesign and kipate like this.
  8. MilkyMiloNZ

MilkyMiloNZ Skilled Worker

The low rise residential packs giorgoselsedai created are still hands down my favourite mods. I use the unskilled and skilled mods in all my cities. My only wish? More of those, maybe elites and executive houses? Some cape cod style beauties perhaps?

9. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

First of all, merry christmas guys! :toast:

And let me get to the mod wishes. First, I would really like to see an amphitheatre. I know there is one done by a modder, but it's not the way I like. I would like a ploppable amphitheatre to place it at the foots of a hill, so that the steps would be "embedded" (buried?, not sure about the right word) inside the hill.

Second, I would love to see some more orthodox churches, I know there are a couple of mods for Orthodox churches, but they are mostly too great to be real. I mean, I like some rather ordinary churches, placement of which would not be awkward for any neighbourhood. For instance, I really would love to see Hagia Triada Church in Istanbul.

And last, I would love to see some more ugly buildings (not like the ones in the vanilla version of the game). As I am building a Turkish town currently, I would love to see such dense buildings and of course red-roofed buildings of any kind. Well Drazic's and aitortilla's and Tanzy's mods comes handy for my town, but some more red-roofed and ugly buildings do not hurt anybody. :sneaky: Not all the towns are European in terms of architecture guys. ;)

It's too much but this is an ode to yesterdays. For the island contest, I really would love to see some white buildings, Greek style. This is not a request but a humble regret.

selodinger likes this.
  10. Dr. Wang

Dr. Wang Skilled Worker

I would like some more construction mods for the suburban areas, some more suburban variety (the vanilla suburban buildings are hideous), and medium density American-style buildings. Oh yeah and more American high-rises!

11. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

it seems like no one is making any CXL maps:eek:
    If there's a way to my maps work in XL i would try...