1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Game Play Full Driving Ranges For Workers On Commercial Buildings (except For Retail Buildings)

Discussion in 'Game Play Support and Other' started by modiX, Sep 21, 2014.

1. modiX

modiX Vagabond

Hello, dear modders.

When I build an agricultural, heavy industry, production, high tech or office building and click on it, I can see the driving range for possible workers. This range seems to be a bit small in my opinion, because work satisfies existence, so let them be willing to drive longer such as in reality.

In reality I know people who are driving up to one hour to get on work, and this is equivalent for (almost) the full map when building the required connections.

Could anybody create a mod that increases the driving range for people by 5 or more (the whole map)? So everybody in a large metropolis is willing to drive to each edge from any position to get work.

Please answer here when the mod already exists or guide me any solution, because I want to keep my industry district in one location for the whole map.

Thank you!

2. Nick97

Nick97 Elite

Where is Image

3. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

It's not the driving range of possible workers, it's where the workers live. If you have a good transport system with highways and public transport, people will drive anywhere to work.

4. Nick97

Nick97 Elite

Great Idea

5. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

If you place proper highways or expressways workers travel to opposite corner of the map, so your statement/idea is invalid.