1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Wrong Shape And Size And Location In A Cities Xl Viewer

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Immort_al, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

[​IMG] [​IMG] Hi, modders! I've just started makind my first mode following Mr X2 tutorials and other tutorials which i found here. Im making w2w buldings, and i've alredy made a texturised lod4 and lod3, but when i added a chimney to lod3 and scaled it(chimney) i noticed that my models has a wrong shape size and location in cities xl viewer, while in 3d max scene this lod has a correct size and shape, i try to reset the pivot point as it was said in Mr x2 tutorial but it doesnt help. And when i zoom out in a cities xl viewer lod 4 replaces a lod 3 with correct size shape and location.
    so if someone is willing to tell me how to correct it i would most grateful
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Le Cat

Le Cat Guest

You have to host your pictures before posting them...
    We can't see them.

3. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

Can't see your pics.

But I guess using "reset x-form" might be an good advice.

4. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

nevskiy100-1.jpg nevskiy100-2.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

I tried, it doesnt help. it makes a models as wierd shape in 3d max scene as in a cxl viewer

6. Altiris

Altiris Governor

looking at the last pic, it looks like your pivot point is not at 0,0,0 of the model.

Go to heirachy menu and select "Pivot only" then move the pivot point so it's at 0,0,0 of your model.

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

can you provide a pic of this weird shape? cause according to your size issue resetting xform must be the right thing to do
    apart from that, your model looks very good. im glad i could attract some ppl start modding :)
    and jep, as altiris said you also need to set your pivot point correctly to 0,0,0

8. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I agree your pivot is stuffed you need to align the z axiz to ground level maybe.

9. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Thanks guys! It helps! First i have to make all lods at the same z coordinate, and then change the pivot point, and set it to z 0,0. problem was that lods had different z0 coordinates each has the own z0,0 after i made it the same the reset xform also started work properly

but i guess it my first but not last problem with this mod, while continue to work at it))) nevskiy100-1.jpg

10. Le Cat

Le Cat Guest

Yeah... Don't worry, we all went through some issues during a process... ;)

11. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Hi, guys! I have a new problem, after i added a self-illumination and 2nd uv nightlight maps i cant to exoport my model to viewer, it shows this error. What did i make wrong? Untitled-1.jpg

12. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

i assume you only created one lightmap?

well, this error occurs if you have a 2nd uv material but no 2nd uv channel on your model.

do the following:
    select your model (lod), apply an unwrap-uvw modifier, select channel 2 and click "move". now select face and open the uv-editor. do flatten mapping and maybe pack-uvs. then collapse the modifier. now create your lightmap for your model (lod). then create a new material ball and apply all lod1-maps and the new lightmap (select channel 2 for lm!!) to it. apply this new material-ball to your lod.
    do this for lod1 (if not already done), lod2 and lod3.

you can also use only 1 lightmap for all 3 lods, but this requires a 2nd uv channel which matches all lods... if you want to know how to do this for your next model, just let me know :) (the same for questions about my answer ;) )

13. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Thanks for your helping, MrX2. Am i right that mods can work properly without any lightmap and could i have only one material ball for all 1-3 lods and second for lod4? And where should i save mod's maps I mean could it be saved in any folders?

14. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yep you can save your maps wherever you want.
    and mods work properly without a lightmap. but i really like to suggest to add a lightmap because your model will look way better than without ;) if you follow nicko2u's basic lightmap tutorial lightmaps are pretty quickly done.

yes you can have only one material ball for lods 1-3 IF:
    - you dont use lightmaps
    or
    - your second uv-channel matches the other lods' 2nd-uv-channel and you're adding a lightmap

15. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

I made a lightmap for lod1 following nicko2u's basic lightmap tutorial, and my models began look shadowed. Should i trick something with settings? gamescreen0237.jpg gamescreen0238.jpg one of theese mods with a lightmap second one without

Mr.X² likes this.
  16. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

the shadowing effect is actually the sense by doing a lightmap ;)
    dont you think it looks better with lm?

17. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

no, beccause the base is almost black, there is not able to see any texture on it

18. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

you can try to place the skylight on a different location, change intensity or maybe even try to add a second skylight

19. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Ok, I'll try