1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

XLN's future is looking bad

Discussion in 'Website Information and News' started by skullz613, Jun 30, 2024 at 3:10 AM.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I knew the time would come when XLN would have to face updating the vession we are on or face closing.
    Our webhost has to upgrade the servers software (Operating system, SQL, PHP etc) to versions that are safer and more up to date. This means websites will need to make sure they are upgraded so they will work on the new server software.
    XLN is running on an outdated version no longer supported by Xenforo so we would need to update to Xenforo's XF2 version.
    The license for the version we are on is owned by Icyhot. Its not fair to expect him to fork out for the upgrade on a site that is slowly dying.
    If there is enough financial support for XLN to live on, then I will put some money towards getting a XF2 license myself. I can not do this all by myself.
    Below is the basics we need to keep going. Prices are in USD
    info.JPG

After that we will need to look at the sites theme as the one we are on will not work on the XF version we are on. There are also a few plugins that we will need but I dont mind paying for those myself.

Time is not on our side as the webhost needs to get the upgrades done to the server ASAP.
    If we can't do this in time then I will make a basic homepage that the xlnation.city domain will land on, with information why we are down and how to donate to reach our goal.

I hope we can keep XLN alive as theres no other site like ours that is solely for XL/XXL
    We have become the main source for mods and I'd hate to see it vanish for good.