This is a file that adds a rainy visual effect to any image.
HOW TO USE THIS FILE WITH PHOTOSHOP:
- The Tortuga_RainyFilter_1920x1080_v1.0.psd file is 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels high. So it will work better if you use a screenshot that matches that size. To make sure, while in game, go to MAIN MENU > MENU > OPTIONS > RESOLUTION and chose 1920x1080. Don't exit the options window yet, I suggest you make sure your RESOLUTION is set to VERY HIGH.
- The Tortuga_RainyFilter_1920x1080_v1.0.psd file simply adds rain. So it is better to take a screenshot that already looks cloudy. Therefore, avoid using images at noon where one can see bright blue skies. Instead, I suggest taking them at morning, evening, or even night. (I also suggest using Realistic Day/Night Cycle Mod http://xlnation.net/resources/realistic-day-night-cycle-mod.328/ but it is not necessary)
- Once you've taken your screenshot open the Tortuga_RainyFilter_1920x1080_v1.0.psd file with Photoshop.
- Go to File > Place and select your screenshot. You will probably find it at C:\Users\[username]\Pictures\Focus Home Interactive\Cities [version]
- Press INTRO.
- Finally, FILE > SAVE AS.
If you want to, you can alter the intensity of the rain in two different ways:
- VERY EASY: Click on the Rain layer and change it's Opacity.
- NOT VERY DIFFICULT: Right above that "Rain" word there is a circle icon that's cut in half diagonally and if you hover your mouse over it says "Layer Thumbnail". Click it twice. A graphic will appear with three triangles beneath it. Move the triangles and see how the rain changes.
This is my first resource. Feedback very welcome.
I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.
Tutorial Add rain to your screenshots 1.0
Very easy to use PSD file to add a rainy visual effect to any screenshot.