- Game Version:
- Cities XXL 2015Special thanks to : Anamarija, Marko, nicknick, skullz613, Monty, drazicdesign, Pepino, Mr.X, Veija, Nogerian, axel,Immort_al, ronrn, nicko2u, aitortilla01, XOUSTE, fayeddd, Jotape, Altiris, Inan, kipate, Miguel, selodinger, loren banovic, toop, Kitsunebi, secpol, ovarz, Myname, Radiant Dawn, The Funky Monk, Supersnake, PauljChris, Birk Leglaire, AND the rest of the XL Nation members, for all great mods and inspiring work.
Go make some coffee and wait for everything to load
Anderlecht is the most populated city in Switzerland ( 1.83 million). Situated where the Wusse river exits Lake Anamari, it is the capital of the Republic and canton of Anderlecht.
Anderlecht is a global city, a financial center, and worldwide center for diplomacy due to the presence of numerous international organizations.
Due to Anamari lake, Anderlecht is split in East and West Anderlecht.
East Anderlecht is smaller part of the city known for historical St.Aubin district, large and beautiful Marinas, riverbanks, Anderlecht university, city administration building,etc...
Population : aprox 580.000
St. Aubin district - historical part of the city. Mostly built in 14th century on Aubin hill for better fortification.
Today , St. Aubin, Natsal and Truns districts are main tourist destination in the city with numerous hotels and hostels.
More details in further updates.
East Anderlecht is also knows for Anderlechtˇs university, city administarion building, riverbanks, marinas, and main Hospital complex.
Inner part of East Anderlecht : Paidoux, Genthod and Lucerne districts.
City that never sleeps :
West Anderlechtˇs expansion started in 19 st. mainly cause of large flat area. This part of Anderlecht is known for daily growing skyline, beautiful parks, large avenues, 2 railway terminals and monumental buildings. Its home to 1.25 million people.
More details in further updates.
Panoramic view from Fribourg district to CBD Cresta -
Picture of largest city park Vermont and also favorite place for many residents of Anderlecth -
Switzerland's economic centre
I would give your city twenty five stars, man. What a wonderful job that screams "COMMITMENT!"
Next life I want to be you and build some really shocking cities.
The parks, the zoning, the road layout, the photo edition... just amazed me.
Hope you'll load some more details about the city. I'm expecting some history and stats!
Thank you for sharing this.
Jednostavno nemam riječi....
Savršen grad. Vidi se tko je top dog na ovoj stranici hehe :).
Ovo je najbolji grad iz ove igrice kojeg sam ikada vidio. Karta koju si sastavio je jednostavno savršena i komplimetira realističnosti tvoga grada. Stvarno ne mogu uočiti niti jednu manu u ovome gradu. Vidi se da si pazio na najmanje detalje i to vrvi u svakoj slici.
Of course, five is the only number of stars that is adequate to give for your journal. Congratulations on this beauty, I am a tad little bit envious, as I have not found the time yet to create something similar :P
First of all, I like that city logo, damn thought through. It is a logo that people will directly associate with your city, and I have to say that it looks better than the real-life logo of my city :D I just hope that we will see that cathedral in the further updates ;)
There are some things that I find honestly a bit disturbing:
1) the bridge in front of the Grand Central Terminal Building feels like a structural sin. And it is not even running straight. Maybe just demolish it and upgrade the park a bit?
2) one of that railway tracks runs as a bridge first just to run into a tunnel a two hundred meters thereafter. Looks a bit odd to me. Why not keeping it a bridge track?
3) your road layout indicates that the city does not have some highway bypassing the core, especially in West Anderlecht. Instead, the highways end in expressways which run through the city center. But that will cause heavy traffic, especially when it comes to trucks.
But naturally, lots of things amaze me:
1) I love that custom-made administration building that combines the gates of the St. Petersburg Admirality Building with the Police Station (I think) of the Paris Pack, looks awesome!
2) your skyline is one of the most impressive ones that I have encountered on XLN, splendid choice of buildings.
3) I agree with Clemech4 that your parks are remarkable. I would like to take a walk there, or to just relax in summer time. And the green areas looks quite natural to me. They don't have masses of trees everywhere, but those trees were carefully placed to give a realistic impression.
4) I may not agree with parts of the road layout, but those sunken expressways look fabulous, heavy good job with them.
5) in general, I appreciate your little decorations here and there to make the city look dynamic, e.g. the construction sites. I can imagine how much work that is :)
Now keep the updates coming :)