To obtain a more realistic gas station for my city, I used different mods.
- CitiesXL Platinum
To reproduce such a result, you will need to download and use the following mods:
Here you have some useful screenshots.
* * *
Pic. 1 - This gas station seems to be very crowded of vehicles. This will ensure a more realistic feel and allow to solve some problems related to useless green spots on the pavement existing in the original mod.
Pic. 2 - A camping hut has been added in order to complement the two gas tanks near the station. This small building might contain the equipment to control gas level and supply. Using some small pedestrian paths, it was possible to create specific areas which were filled with a red pavement for accessing the hut.
Pic. 3 - This is how the gas station appears without the original building. This picture shows the necessary items to be included:
- a big vase with plants and flowers near the pump (to hide a green spot);
- a caravan and a car (to hide a green spot);
- a camping hut (for a more realistic touch);
- a green hedge (you can see different colours between the road pavement and the accessing steps);
- various barrel piles near the hut's wall (for a more realistic touch);
- three cars and a pick-up (for the camouflage of any other pavement spots);
- miscellaneous small plants (for decoration purpose).
Pic. 4 - Rear view - A green hedge (available among decorations) is very useful to conceal any defects in the rear side. A good realistic touch is obtaind through changing pavement type only near the accessing steps in the back. The same grey pavement goes up to almost the pump area.
Many thanks to all the modders who made possible this solution with their creations!
It's not long before we will be moving. The new hosting has been setup and the next thing to be done is to change the DNS. When it's changed it may take between 24 to 48 hours to take effect. During this time XLN will be closed so it can be backed up. When the new DNS takes effect, you will see a basic page with a message regarding the move. Note: It may take up to two weeks to get XLN up and running again.Dismiss Notice
Tutorial Gas station customization
Gas Station Customization