- Game Version:
- Cities XL Platinum
Irelia is a sea town and is the capital city of the Metropolitan City of Irelia.
Irelia has got approximately 500,000 inhabitants, expanding to over 800,000 in the metropolitan area.
It 's famous for its cusine, art,museums, medieval cityscape, its historic center that decorates the golden beaches and Reggia d'Irelia.
Tourism is, by far, the most important of all industries and most of the Irelian economy relies on the money generated by international arrivals and students studying in the city.
Irelia is also an active industrial and manufacturing centre. Its shipbuilding inustry has long been renowned around the world and its fishing and floriculture industries are still fundamental sectors to the city's economy.
- Festival Irelia: It's a international music festival and It takes place every summer since 1930, between July and August, in an open-air theatre with 3,200 seats on the Giusti's beach.
- EuropeCinema: an international film festival reserved to the European film industry. It has been founded in 1984 in Rimini, it was then moved to Bari in 1988, then to Viareggio in 1989 and finally to Irelia in 2000. It takes place in cinema/theatre Imperiale.
- ChocoShow of Irelia: Chocolate festival where the greatest chocolatiers from around the world show the most good and imaginative works of chocolate.It takes place in February.
Tourism increased after the Second World War, especially in the Sixties when more and more families love spending their summer and this lovely paradise. Many houses and hotels were built near the sea. In 1991 hotels were 101, most of them open only during the summer and some of them family-run businesses. Today the area is still a popular destination for businessmen, managers, politicians, show-men, movie and sport stars. Irelia continue to offer to its guests the same peace and tranquility. It is still a town immersed in the pinewood with a beautiful sand beach. It is not very crowded and it is ideal for biking and shopping. The number of hotels decreased from 101 in 1991 to 58 hotels today. However, the number of people that have bought vacation houses here has increased. The hotels are from 1 to 5 stars, the majority are 3 and 4 stars.
In 2010 in Irelia 1,664,667 tourists spend an average of 3.9 nights for a total of 6,492,202 visits. The majority of Italian tourists come from Tuscany, then Lombardia, Piemonte, Emilia Romagna e the fifth region is Lazio. The foreign tourists came from Germany, Russia, Great Britain, the Netherlands, France, Switzerland and the USA.
The Port of Irelia is one of the largest seaports both in Italy and the Mediterranean Sea as a whole. The Port has regular ferry links of the following operators with the following cities:
- Grimaldi Lines to Barcelona and Tangier
- Corsica Ferries-Sardinia Ferries to Golfo Aranci and Bastia
- Moby Lines to Olbia, Portoferraio and Bastia
- Toremar to Capraia
Metropolitan City of Irelia includes other cities:
METROPOLITAN AREA MAP
- Cala Ala
- Mare di Irelia
- Silia Mare
industrial and office area:
MARE DI IRELIA:
OTHER PHOTOS COMING SOON
I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.Dismiss Notice
Italian city between gentle hills and crystalline sea; between relaxation and entertainment.