There's more in Vegas than just casinos! Expansive areas of new developments and gated communities have popped up in the past decade, with some of the finest examples of the so-called McMansions!
What is a McMansion?
According to one of the Urban Dictionary definitions, McMansion are "those nausiating large suburban homes that are built from cookie-cutters that seem to pop up everywhere like McDonald's restaurants". Another definition calls a McMansion "A large and pretentious house, typically of shoddy construction, typical of "upscale" suburban developments in the late 20th and early 21st centuries. Such houses are characterized by steep roofs of complex design, theatrical entrances, lack of stylistic integrity and backsides which are notably less fussy than their fronts. They are often placed closely together to maximize the developer's profits and appeal to people who value perceived social status over actual, physical, economic or historic value."
Well, then, give your executives the McMansion they deserve! You have a choice of 17 different houses!
-These houses are 20mx40m - this is the new standard size the community agreed some time ago.
-ATTENTION! you will find these houses in the AMERICAN PACK section:
> under RESIDENCES, CUSTOM CONTENT, to be manually plopped.
> under TERRAINS, CUSTOM CONTENT, to zone them along 15m roads, 30m luxurious avenues and squared areas.
- All houses can be individually plopped on water - but not zoned.
- The houses have the same values of a T2 EXECUTIVE house. I am also releasing an alternative version with lower density population only. Please read below why*.
- There are 6 house models, with different skins and some mirroring, making a total combination of 17 houses. I did them all from scratch thanks to Google Sketchup and Google Maps - gotta love Google, I guess
Let's take a closer look at the houses:
Register or to view Spoiler content!
Before anyone objects, please read this:
These houses have the same stats of a T2 EXECUTIVE HOUSE (same cost, resources, taxes, etc.); ideally, they should be T1, lower density, but I went for T2 for two reasons:
- We only agreed on doing T1 20x40s and their corresponding triangle count. However, to do these houses with a decent amount of details, I needed more triangles - so I went for T2 and used half of the triangle count of a regular T2: L1 2,000 triangles, L2 1,000 triangles, L3 500 triangles, L4 100 triangles - L1 and l4 are usually within or below those limits, while L2 and L3 exceed by around 15-20% the triangle count. I couldn't go for any less without destroying or changing these houses too much
- Someone complained time ago that the game's houses were too biased towards European looking buildings and it was hard to do find American-styled buildings. By making these houses T2 it helps building an American-styled city without having to resort to the in-game, European-styled T2 houses
Still, to provide with a better game experience, I also release an alternative version where I changed it only to lower density population - the rest of the values (cost, taxes, etc.) are still those of a T2 Executive house. Use ONE VERSION ONLY at the time.
Remember that the T-I-O-L-I rule applies!
I want to thank Altiris for his tech support to make it UIM-friendly and enable zoning like I wanted
Thanks to the beta-testers who provided me with valuble feedback!
- You will need UIM version 1.79.0 or higher to use this pack. Version 1.79.9 has been released on 10/13/2012
- Choose between the ORIGINAL VERSION or the ALTERNATIVE LOWER DENSITY, but download ONLY ONE, and place the .patch in your PAK folder.
- Remember to find the houses in the AMERICAN PACK section!!!!
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
- XL User Interface Mod