The mod provides ability to place 80 natural areas (forests, parks, flower gardens, etc) as plazas and 89 kinds of trees as a single tree.
I tried to make all that staff looks like real European, Asian and American natural areas.
Warning! Remove previous version before installing new one.
You can just replace old version for new one and continue playing. No zones demolishing is necesseray.
Wooded Forest Area mod”. It’s low greenery effect with circular area. Their cost is variable and depends on area size.
But technically all that staff can be divided on several classes.
1. Forest. Trees are standing close to each other (but definitely not as close as in other forest mods—more like a real forest).
2. Park. There is open space between the trees. It looks like a city park.
3. Area. It has small number of lonely trees. Used for simulate natural areas with baobabs, Joshua trees and so on.
4. Open area. Grass, ground, sand or snow. There are open areas for all ground textures used in the mod.
5. Swamp. It has many cattail and elephant ear plants and several dead trees.
6. Flower garden. Plants are small and standing very closely.
Natural area plazas can be placed over water.
All areas except of flower gardens are widely expanding when are placed, so you have to use roads to limit them. Flower gardens have very small expanding parameter.
WARNING! Don’t place too many flower gardens. They consist of hundreds of plants on small areas and it would be very expensive for your processor and memory.
Here is list of all natural areas in the mod.
All trees have real world names now and have been rescaled to fit better to other game objects.
It’s impossible to give game’s plants their real world scales—height of the smallest ones is 0.5 meter and of the biggest is 60-100 meters. If I would give them real scales then the smallest looks like a dot on standard zoom and the biggest looks like low resolution picture that has been heavily upscaled—it’s due to the game engine. Because of that I did not retain tree’s real proportions and tree scales are logarithmic now. But all looks nice.
You don't need it for gaming. It's for those who wants to try to generate natural areas for his own mods.
You may also try my natural areas generation script. It has written on Scala language but if you familiar with Java and Maven you will have no problems with configuration part of this program. Unpack my mod and set the name of the folder with unpacked content in the Main.scala. Look at lex.cities.sets package and do something like for your own natural areas. There is no GUI in the script now, sorry.
Natural areas generation script
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):