-- created by aitortilla01
- CitiesXL 2009
- CitiesXL 2011
- CitiesXL 2012
- CitiesXL Platinum
Update 15/04/13: I have fixed the bugs related to cranes appearing in your roads and I have slashed costs of all pieces, making it more balanced and budget friendly. For info on every piece, check them in-game.
NOTE: the updated file is still called "xlnation_aitortilla01_Modular_Harbor_Pack_CONTAINER_PACK_v1.0.patch" - I could not update both files due to size limitation; in any case, just download the file you will see below and simply overwrite the one you have in your PAK folder. The changes will come into effect as soon as you load your cities. Sorry it took so long.
I'm working on the 3rd and final release, the FREIGHT PACK - but I can't commit to give any release dates, I've been working a tad slower lately
The second release of the Modular Harbor Pack is here!
With the Container Pack you will be able to recreate huge and realistic container docks; you have a complete set of docks, rows of container, cranes, ships and vehicles to arrange at your disposal. Some of the models also add animations of cranes and other moving parts that will liven up your port!
What you get in this pack:
- Container entrance, customs and security building
1 Container truck yard
- 2 large yards of container rows
- 2 single rows of containers
- Modular dock pieces: 90º angle, 270º angle, 225º angle, 135º angle, left end, right end, straight with no collision box
- 3 long straight dock pieces with 4 extended cranes (red, yellow and grey)
- 3 long straight dock pieces with 4 rising cranes (red, yellow and grey)
- 1 ploppable straddle carrier
- 1 ploppable gantry crane
- 1 ploppable container stacker
- 2 container carrier ships (Prometheus and Centaurus)
And thanks to nicko2u you also get:
- 1 concrete plaza filler
- 1 container plaza filler (this one is especially awesome!)
- The buildings employ mostly unskilled and skilled workers, with the exception of the ships and the main entrance piece that also employ executives and elites.
- The pieces provide your city with freight tokens, ranging from 10 units the smallest models to 40 units the crane docks. If you need more detailed info, check each piece in game or and inspect their .class files.
- Make sure you flatten your terrain or your roads are levelled when placing all the dock pieces next to each other for a seamless transition.
- In case you seem to miss one or two models, click on the city menu and go to Cheat > Unlock all buildings to make them all appear.
- One or two vehicle animations may be a little weird, with vehicles not ending where they were supposed to. Endless testing to no avail finished my patience.
These models are located in Transportation > Inter-City > OVER WATER - along with the previous OIL PACK models
The concrete plaza and container filler plaza by nicko2u are located in the usual plaza menu:
If you need ideas on how to make a realistic container port check LOS ANGELES, SINGAPORE or BREMERHAVEN.
Altiris for continued support and help
Montoto for his usual help and especially for making a small breakthrough, adding particles as furniture:
Nicko2u for his container plaza models that look much better than I envisioned
The_Funky_Monk once again for creating all those cool harbor maps!
- Download the attached .patch file below and paste it in your game "PAK" folder
Plaza by nicko2u
Plazas - Container & Concrete Plazas | XLNation - Cities XXL
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
- XL Nation User Interface Mod
If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.Dismiss Notice
If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.
If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
Modular Harbor Pack - Part II: CONTAINER PACK v1.00
Modular Harbor Pack - Part II: CONTAINER PACK